• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,252 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,252

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #507-Secret Meeting

“Order, Order!” Apple Bloom banged her hoof on the little podium in the Cutie Mark Crusaders’ treehouse, “This ultra-secret meetin’ of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and Spike the honorary Crusader will now begin.”

“It’s not that secret, Apple Bloom,” said Sweetie Belle, “You and Scootaloo grabbed us in the middle of the market, yelling ‘Secret Crusader meetin’ right now!’”

“Well, it’s what we’re talkin’ about that’s secret, not the meeting,” retorted Apple Bloom.

“Okay, so what are we talking about?” asked Spike. Apple Bloom looked at Spike, and spoke.

“We need to talk about the fact that mah sister and Sweetie’s sister have been makin’ lovey-dovey eyes at each other.”

“We do?” squeaked Sweetie Belle, and Spike rolled his eyes.

“Heck yeah we do!” said Scootaloo, “Don’t you remember what happened with that love poison potion, with Big Mac and Miss Cheerilee? What if something like that happens with Applejack? Or Rarity?”

“Don’t be silly, Scootaloo. Rarity can’t pull a building,” said Sweetie Belle, confidant that that would end the discussion. It didn’t.

“Yeah, but you know what Rarity’s like. She’ll go all dramatic and wail and stuff. Blech,” Scootaloo started to pace around the treehouse, “and that’s not all-Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie have also been making funny faces at each other.”

“Oooh,” went Sweetie Belle, “I think I remember overhearing Rarity say something about that. Um, I think she said,” Sweetie Belle cleared her throat and went into her best Rarity impersonation, “why daarling, those two together would be absolutely adorable!”

Apple Bloom stomped her hoof, “Look girls, I don’t like the idea of mah sis making smoochie pie faces at Rarity. So we tried for our cutie marks in matchmakin’,” all three of the Crusaders (and Spike) shuddered as they remembered that Hearts and Hooves day, “ah was thinkin’ maybe there’s one for anti-matchmakin’. Like stopping ponies from gettin’ together.”

“Why would we want a mark like that, though?” said Sweetie, “Having that as a special talent would be pretty awful.”

[Time]

“Hey, at least Rainbow Dash isn’t making any goo-goo eyes at anypony. Dash is just too awesome for anypony to handle.”

“Yeah, and Twilight’s not dating anypony either,” said Spike.

“That’s because she’s an egghead.”

“Girls!” called Apple Bloom, “ah still think we should try and get our cutie marks in anti-matchmakin’. Who’s with me?” However, Apple Bloom’s call went unheeded, as Scootaloo had begun arguing with Sweetie Belle about why Rainbow Dash was too awesome to need a special somepony, and Spike was stuck inbetween them.

“Nopony ever listens to my ideas,” grumbled Apple Bloom.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #507-“They All Fall Down” (Returning Theme Week, Day Seven)
The prompt: Four Elements Down

PreviousChapters Next