• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,256 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,256

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #437-Noodle Incident Ramifications

“Court adjourned,” stated the judge, smacking his hoof on the desk to signal the end of the session. The court stood up at a command from the bailiff, and remained so until the judge had left the room. Once the door behind the stands had closed, everypony began to move around, and talk once more. Vinyl Scratch collapsed behind the desk next to her lawyer.

“Well, that could have gone better,” murmured the DJ, “Can I go home now? I’m still getting over my hangover.”

“Yes, you can go now, Miss Scratch. I’ll be by later in the week with all the official documentation,” sighed the lawyer, “Just remember what your sentence was.”

“Yeah, yeah. I’m not stupid,” said Vinyl, getting back on her hooves, and trotting towards the door. She had a date with her bed at home.

******

Or at least, she would have if Octavia hadn’t been there, waiting for her in the living room. Vinyl suppressed a groan. She’d forgotten that Octavia hadn’t been able to attend the court session because she had been at a performance. Now she’d have to share the verdict with her roommate and friend.

“Well, how did it go? Did Sharp Wit get you acquitted?” asked Octavia.

“Not entirely.”

“What was your punishment, then?”

Vinyl sighed, “I am now no longer allowed within twenty paces of the Magic Horn, and Prince Blueblood tried to get me thrown out of the city. The judge laughed him off.”

“Well, that’s not so bad, I suppose...”

“I am also forbidden from entering any clubs in the city for the next moon cycle, being within the same building as Prince Blueblood, associating with somepony called Trixie Lulamoon and entering the Shakesmare Concert Hall.”

“At least you have some bits saved up, right?” was Octavia’s weak offering.

“I am also required to do one thousand hours of community service at Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns as a librarian. I’ve also got a handler from the Royal Guard that I need to report to every seven days, and yes, he or she will be checking with my boss at the library to make sure I’m working.”

“It...could be worse?” said Octavia.

“I am also now not allowed to break a single noise ordinance here until my community service is done.”

****Time****

From Vinyl’s tone, that was clearly the worst punishment that the judge could have imposed.

“Well,” began Octavia, with all of her accumulated tact, “at least you aren’t in jail.”

Vinyl just groaned.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #437-“Trials and Tribulations”
The Prompt: Reimagine My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as a courtroom drama.

PreviousChapters Next