• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,232 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,232

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #50: Reactions

Mail from Twilight in the Crystal Empire couldn’t arrive by dragon fire-Spike didn’t quite have the focus to send things to other ponies directly just yet, so Twilight’s letters to Shining and Cadance were limited to being physically transported at the moment. The express line between Ponyville and the Crystal Empire helped, though.

As Shining Armor split open the newest letter from Twilight over his breakfast, he wondered exactly how much of this letter was going to be magical terminology and babble. He had put four bits and a week’s worth of laundry duty on over fifty percent. Cadance had matched it and taken the under.

He got through the general greetings fairly quickly, and reached the meat of the letter at about the same time as he was drinking his juice.

Shining Armor paused, and re-read the letter. Then he started smiling, and soon devolved into laughter.

“Well,” he got out, between gasps of laughter, “she always was a ridiculous overachiever.”

Princess Cadance entered when she heard her husband burst out laughing, and after sighing at the sight of him rolling on the floor, she spotted the letter from Twilight.

Ten seconds later, she was starry-eyed and declaring that she was going to officiate, and was already writing her response to Twilight.

*****

Princess Celestia had been around for a long time. It was common knowledge in Canterlot Castle that it was almost impossible to surprise the Sun Princess, whether it be through unexpected news or practical jokes.

Thus, when the letter from Spike landed beside her breakfast that morning, Princess Celestia unrolled it, made a thoughtful noise, and then rolled it back up.

It wasn’t until Luna sat down five minutes later that Celestia even brought up the scroll.

“You know, I have just received the most interesting letter from Twilight, Luna.”

“Oh yes?” asked Luna, looking up from her own meal, “What lesson has she learned this time?”

“Well, it’s not a lesson, per se. More of a statement.” Celestia carefully timed her next words. “She’s going to get married.”

Luna fought back a sudden coughing fit as her dandelion sandwich went down wrong.

“To whom, sister?” gasped out the younger Princess, “Surely, it is not an arranged marriage.”

“No, no, nothing of the sort,” said Celestia, as Luna took a drink to wash out her throat. “She’s getting married to her friends, her fellow Element Bearers. All five of them.”

Celestia took a moment to admire the rainbow that formed as Luna spat out her drink. It was quite impressive.

*****

In her office, Mayor Mare stared at the small mountain of paperwork that represented the upcoming marriage of Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity and Fluttershy and sighed.

Not for the first time, and certainly not for the last, the Mayor reached into the bottom drawer of her desk, and extracted a large, and half-empty bottle of port, and glanced at the clock.

9 am. A new record. She poured herself a small glass of the port, and despite herself, couldn’t help but smile as she added her signature where it was required.

“Darn those ponies,” she muttered to herself, taking a swig from her glass, “They drive me to drink.”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #50: “Fifty Pieces of Gold”
The prompt: ship all of the Mane Six in a single relationship, not as separate pairings.

Omniship is one of a few ships that I actually like.

PreviousChapters Next