• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,258 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,258

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #347-For The Love Of...

It wasn’t in Pinkie Pie’s nature to be quiet. The pink mare was naturally outgoing, and always had been, ever since she got her cutie mark. But then again, she had never once imagined that she’d be in a relationship. Pinkie loved everyone equally, but apparently, her heart loved this mare even more than the rest of her, and these days it was all she could do to not shout her affection from the roofs of Ponyville, as her heart’s desire had requested that she keep it secret until the other felt ready to divulge the information on her own terms. But for the sake of the one that she loved, Pinkie Pie had promised, Pinkie Pie Promised even, to not tell anyone.

And so the pink party pony was stuck sneaking off in the evenings to meet her one true love. Nopony else had ever inspired this feeling in the mare, which had her acting so crazy. Even though the two had not entirely had the best start to their friendship, Pinkie hadn’t been as quick to judge since that fateful meeting, and had slowly gotten to know the other. The friendship that they had born then quickly matured into a relationship when they discovered that there was nothing more enjoyable than spending time with someone who shared many of your tastes. And so, Pinkie Pie snuck through the Everfree Forest, heading for her meeting with the one she loved, because today, the mare had promised to show her something special.

“Psst! Hey, Zecora, are you there?” hissed Pinkie Pie.

“Here I am, pony of the pink. You should be more observant, I think.” Came Zecora’s rich voice from behind the party pony, and soon the zebra was engulfed in a hug.

“Did you remember to get the stuff for today?” asked Pinkie Pie, and Zecora simply nodded for a reply, and the two made their way back to Zecora’s hut, deeper in the Everfree.

“The recipe I will teach you,” began the zebra once the two were back in her hut, “has been in my family for one hundred generations, perhaps two. It is a recipe for creating hot breath, but some would call it ‘The Kiss of Death’.”
“Ooh. Sounds spicy,” murmured Pinkie.

“Indeed, this is the hottest spice meal I know, but it to you, I will show. Now, pay attention, for the steps must be done exactly right, or your tongue will be saying goodnight.”

And as Zecora cooked, Pinkie watched and learned, and the two mares bonded by a love of spicy things were content for the night.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #347-‘Just A Touch Of Your Lips...’
The Prompt: The kiss of death

I have no idea where this idea came from.

PreviousChapters Next