• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,253 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,253

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #447: Funny Version Of Destiny

Every now and again, we are presented with choices. Most of the time, these choices are small, and insignificant. Other times, they are not. And sometimes, we are not given a choice at all, but are instead called forth, to do great things, and then the only choice you have is how to react to such things happening.

Most ponies, when presented with such an opportunity, immediately latch upon it and ride it to wherever it may take them. When this kind of opportunity happened to Fluttershy, she did the following: Screamed, hyperventilated herself into near unconsciousness, screamed some more, punched it in the face, and then suplexed it into her mailbox. Then she rushed back inside her house, nailed her door shut and hid in the closet. She would have nailed that shut too, but the bats were inside it, and they needed to get out once the sun went down.

“Oh, come on Fluttershy,” said Rarity, after she extricated herself from the mailbox and rearranged her mane, “It’s just a few photos. I promise that if you want, your name won’t even come up!

“No! The last time you said that I ended up a national star and couldn’t even look after Angel properly and had ponies watching me all the time and it was just awful. I’m not doing that again!”

Overhead, Rainbow Dash sniggered on her cloud. Rarity ignored her.

“But who else could I possibly get to help me with my new ‘Elegent Strata’ line, dear? I need a flier’s eye, and a pegasus to help with the overall design.”

“So ask Rainbow!” called Fluttershy.

“As easy as that may seem, Fluttershy, dear, Rainbow is not the pony I need looking at these dresses. She’ll want to put armour on them again. No, it must be you, dear. You must be my proverbial hero in this situation. I promise that not a single word about you will make it into the final product, darling.”

Rainbow stuck her tongue out at Rarity from up on her cloud.

“I’m not doing it! You’ll get all excited and tell everypony that your ‘good friend Fluttershy’ helped you and then it will be Photo Finish all over again!” cried Fluttershy.

“What’s going on?” asked Twilight, as she flopped down onto Rainbow’s cloud.

“Well, Rarity needs some help with her ‘Elegance Stratus’ dresses,” said Rainbow, ignoring Rarity’s automatic interjecton of ‘Elegant Strata!’ , “and so she wants Fluttershy’s help with it. And then, Rarity being Rarity, immediately got ‘inspired’, and decided that Fluttershy had to be the one wearing the dresses when she advertised them.”

“Does Rarity remember what happened the last time that Fluttershy was in front of a camera for a long period of time?” asked Twilight.

“Course she does,” said Rainbow, tossing her hoof around in a casual gesture, “but it’s Rarity. What happened last time doesn’t mean anything to her, ‘cause this is different and new and you get the picture.”

Twilight let out a thoughtful hum. Below her, Rarity had started to pry at the door. Just because Fluttershy’s door was open and unlocked most of the time didn’t mean it was never closed. When Fluttershy didn’t want to see anypony, her door could be closed very tightly indeed.

“So,” said Rainbow, “how long until Rarity gives up? Five bits says she’ll give up by night time.”

“It’s Rarity with a new fashion line,” said Twilight Sparkle, “She’s not giving up until at least tomorrow evening. Ten bits.”

“You’re on, Sparkle,” grinned Rainbow, spitting in her hoof, and bumping it against Twilight’s.

“Fluttershy, it is your destiny to help me with my fashion career! I would be forever grateful for your kindness!”

“Leave me alone!”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #447: "In Their Tongue, She is D'Awwvahkiin!"

The prompt: Fluttershy! You are the hero chosen by destiny!

PreviousChapters Next