• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,253 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,253

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #380-Getting the Message Out

-lo? Hello? Is this on? Ah, excellent. It seems we’re transmitting clearly. What, no, Rainbow, don’t touch that! If you disrupt the matrix now, we’re going to lose our sig-

-est. Test. Good. We seem to be back again. Now that that little technical issue has been sorted out, I should get on with what we wanted to do. This is taking more magical power than I anticipated, and that’s even with using the Crystal Palace as a transmitter.

My name is Princess Twilight Amethyst Sparkle the Second, but you guys probably just call me Twilight Sparkle, or Princess Twilight if you’re feeling formal. I can’t believe I’m doing this! Talking to another dimension! Ahem. Sorry.
Anyway, like I was saying. I know that you, the people out there, are aware of us. From my understanding, in your world, you see us as fictional characters, and that many of you watch snippets of our lives on a regular basis. However, unlike you, the ponies of Equestria have not yet fully mastered the delicate science of controlling dimensional rifts without consuming more power than a small city. It’s why I had to wait until after my ascension before I could do this.

The reason I contacted you people, and as I understand it, this will be through something called a ‘ThunderTempest’ and a ‘TMP prompt’, is that me and my friends need to set the record straight on a few things. I have prepared a list.

One. Princess Celestia has asked me to say that while she enjoys a practical joke every now and again in order to alleviate the stresses of ruling a nation, she is by no means a ‘troll’.

Two. Yes, my middle name is Amethyst.

Three. Princess Luna has asked me repeatedly to say this: The reason that she was not at my brother’s wedding was not because she is nocturnal, and nor was it because she was secretly the mastermind behind the changeling invasion. Princess Luna has a mild form of autism. She doesn’t do well in crowds. Celestia only lured her there with the promise of a barrel of alcoholic punch.

Four. Yes, Pinkie Pie really is that crazy.

Five. Contrary to what your beliefs may be, Trixie and myself aren’t hated enemies. We enjoy a semi-friendly rivalry as only two professionals in their field can. I’m actually quite impressed with her skill. She knows how to control her magic so precisely it baffles me sometimes.

Six. Yes, Pinkie Pie really is that crazy.

Seven. The reformation of Discord. This is still a touchy subject, even with us, but it needs to be said. What you saw in your dimensional rift took place over not a few days, but actually took three weeks. We nearly turned him back into stone four times before Fluttershy finally prevailed. As for what he’s doing now? As I understand it, Princess Celestia has him cleaning up potential messes before they start-like removing the caves under Canterlot.

Eight. The reason I didn’t mention my brother to my friends before his wedding was because I’m under a security agreement not to. I can’t talk about him, what rank he holds in the guard or what his responsibilities are to anyone not already in the know. Of course, when I received the invitation, I knew they’d be meeting him anyway, so I figured it didn’t matter anymore. I still got a talking to by Celestia, though.

Nine: Yes. Pinkie really is that crazy, and yes, she’s aware of you guys. Don’t ask me how it works. It’s Pinkie Pie.

And-oh, it looks like I’m running out of magic. Well, I have to go. Maybe sometime in the future i’ll figure out how to actually travel to your world. I’m sure we’ll have so much more to talk about!

This is Princess Twilight Amethyst Sparkle the Second, signing off. Alright Rainbow, now you can buck the arr-

((A/N: This somehow appeared on my computer while I was having breakfast. Weird.))

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #380-'Knowing is Half The Battle'
The Prompt: And now, a public service announcement...

PreviousChapters Next