• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,257 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,257

PreviousChapters Next
The Final Prompt-Last Chance

It was a calm day in Ponyville. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, Rainbow Dash was racing around, cleaning up clouds to make up for her waking up late, and it was generally just a nice day in Ponyville.

Of course, this could only mean that everything was going to go horribly wrong, and soon. Indeed, the stirrings of trouble had already begun, and like most days, they had begun in the Golden Oaks library. It was like whoever lived in the Tree of Knowledge was cursed with the bane of an interesting life, and Princess Twilight Amethyst Sparkle II was no exception.

“There was a ripping sound, and abruptly, the scene changed to an expanse of pure white.”

Wait, what?

“Across this expanse of blank canvas trotted a blue pegasus with a brown mane and green eyes, stopping in the dead center, and he stared straight out of the screen and spoke a single word: Hi!”

Are you...narrating?

“Shut up, author. I have things that I need to say, and this time, you can’t stop me.”

You talked to Pinkie Pie, didn’t you? That’s how you’re doing whatever this is.

“...maaybe. Look, you can either help me, or just leave me to do this on my own.”

You know that you’re just a metaphysical avatar of me, right? I’m ignoring what this could mean because if I think about it too hard, my head will probably implode.

“Probably better that way. You have enough trouble thinking as it is.”

Hey! I’m going to remind you that I’m the author here.

“You gonna help or not?”

Fine. But you have to explain how this happened at some point. Okay, I’m ready. Do your thing.

“Right,” said the pegasus, “so anyways, now that that’s taken care of, I have a few things that I’d like to say. Now, how do the Mane 6 do this...ah, right.”

The pegasus cleared his throat, shifted on his hooves and stared straight ahead, and began to speak, his voice steady and clear.

“Dear TMP mods,

I know you’re probably slapping your hands to your faces right now. That’s fine. We ponies, and my author over there who I’m acting as a mouthpiece for right now,” the pegasus made some vague gestures with his front hooves in the general direction of the writer, “do tend to avoid breaking the fourth wall whenever possible, as it leads to bad writing, but this is a particularly dramatic time, and well, it’s not like I would have gotten another chance to do this. But I’m getting off track.”

“I want to say thank you,” continued the pegasus, “thank you for your dedication, for your commitment to this tiny little corner of the internet that has provided inspiration, advice, laughs, feels, and everything in between for ten months of my life. Thank you for taking the time from your lives to run this brilliant blog. Thank you for the comments, on both the bad and the good of my mediocre writings.

“Thank you for making me think as I tried to write as little shipping as possible, and thank you for occasionally giving me no other choice. Thank you for helping me improve. You deserve all of these, and more, as nopony-sorry, no one, asked you to do this. You did it because you wanted to, and I can only hope that maybe you enjoyed some of the stuff I submitted to you guys,” the pegasus smiled, tears beginning to leak from the corners of his eyes.

“I can’t really begrudge you for ending this wonderful blog of yours if there’s more important things in all of your lives that you need to take care of. Go,” said the pegasus, his voice suddenly choked and tight, “take care of whatever stuff you’ve got going on, and as Rainbow Dash would say, never stop being awesome. Because all of you are. And who knows? Maybe we’ll see each other again one day.

“Regards, ThunderTempest.” After he finished speaking, the pegasus simply stood there for a few moments, wiping his eyes with a foreleg.

You okay?

“Aw, I didn’t know you cared.”

You basically are me, you know. You might have said it, but we both feel it.

“Yeah, I know. I guess it was fun while it lasted. Well! I’m going back to that weird place you keep your OC’s when you’re not using them. Try not to get too bad at writing pony stories while I’m gone.”

Just for that, you’re going to be in a dress the next time I write you.

...

Farewell, TMP.

Author's Note:

Written for The Final Prompt: “All Good Things...”
The prompt: All good things must come to an end.

Given that this is the final TMP Prompt, we had 60 minutes for this one, rather than the usual 30.

PreviousChapters Next