• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,253 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,253

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #364-This Day In Trixie History

Trixie knows what you are thinking. How could an absolutely stupendous, fantastic and wonderful mare like Trixie be stuck in this run down bar, with nary a bit to her name? Well, because Trixie has always appreciated an audience, she shall tell you. Also, Trixie may be slightly drunk. Hic. But that has nothing to do with this.

You see, tomorrow is the anniversary of the day that Trixie’s life began to go downhill. It is the beginning of the life on the road for The Great and Powerful Trixie! It is the day that Trixie was kicked out of Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns. Hic. The stupid old mares and stallions there clearly couldn’t appreciate the greatness and powerfulness of Trixie, and so they kicked her out. All Trixie did was practice her show techniques. Unfortunately, one of Trixie’s fireworks exploded in the dean’s face. But, Trixie explained over and over that it was not her fault that the stupid mare walked around the corner at the wrong time to see what all the noise was about. None of them believed Trixie, and she was hoofed out onto the streets. So, now do you see? Trixie was completely innocent in this. So maybe Trixie had not always been the best student. And maybe she spent more time perfecting her stage presence than doing homework. Hic. And just possibly, there is the slightest chance, that Trixie may have made that firework explode when it did on purpose. But that’s just a miniscule possibility.

Alright, so maybe Trixie deserved it. Trixie regrets nothing. But Trixie does have to wonder if the universe has it out for her. This time three years ago, Trixie put on a show in a backwards town called Ponyville. It was supposed to be a simple show. You may not believe it, but Trixie used to be quite arrogant. Magic, a bit of flair and a standard tale about defeating an Ursa Major were the fare in Ponyville. But then she showed up. Hic. Twilight Sparkle. Trixie cannot honestly say that she hates another pony more than she hates Twilight Sparkle. That stupid unicorn showed up Trixie, and made it look easy. So Trixie fled the town. Trixie waited, plotted and searched, and two years later, she returned to Ponyville, this time armed with the Alicorn Amulet. Trixie challenged Twilight to a magic duel, and won, banishing Twilight from Ponyville. But a week later, Twilight returned, and challenged Trixie, and won. Something about friendship. Trixie doesn’t fully remember. Trixie apologised for the Alicorn Amulet incident, and left again. Hic. And now Trixie is here, one year later.

Why am I always second best? Am I just a failure of a magician?

Why am I always alone?

Hic.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #364-'The Bell Tolls For Thee'
The Prompt: Tomorrow is the anniversary.

PreviousChapters Next