• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,232 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,232

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #151: A Pint A Day

"Did you hear?" said Sweetie Belle, as she tumbled into the Crusader Clubhouse, "The hospital's emergancy blood reserve has been weirdly short over the last month or two."

"I haven't heard about anything like that, Sweetie," said Apple Bloom, "Where did you hear about that?"

"Oh, Rarity was talking with Miss Redheart while sis was fixing us her nurse uniform, and Redheart was saying that the hospital would have to organise another big blood drive."

"Don't they do that every year, though?" said Scootaloo.

"Yeah, but they've already had this year's, remember?" said Apple Bloom.

"Oh yeah," muttered Scootaloo.

"Anyway, maybe we can get our Cutie Marks in something related to that," said Sweetie, to accompanying nods form the other two.

"Cutie Mark Crusader Medical Mystery Investigators, YAY!" All three shouted, rushing off.

**********

"...And then we read a book that said that one of the best ways for a vampire to survive in a town was to feed at a hospital, and because the hospital's blood reserve is short, there must be a vampire in town, feeding at the hospital!" said Scootaloo, as the three Cutie Mark Crusaders stood in Sugarcube Corner.

Pinkie Pie slurped her box of tomato juice dry, and tossed it over her shoulder and into the bin behind her.

"And so, because I know everypony in town, you want my help finding out this mysterious vampire pony?"

The Crusaders nodded fervently.

"Mrs. Cake, I'm going out! Gotta help stop a meanie vampire!" Pinkie called out, leaping over the counter.

"That's nice, Pinkie," Mrs. Cake's voice floated back, "Have fun!"

"Cutie Mark Crusader Vampire Hunters, YAY!" shouted the Crusaders, as they following Pinkie.

Pinkie skipped down the street.

"So, the way I see it, with my incredible detective powers," said Pinkie, sliding a wide-brimmed fedora on, "is that the best ponies to investigate would be somepony who nopony would ever expect to be a vampire, so we should start with...Applejack!"

Apple Bloom gasped.

"Mah sister ain't a vampire!"

"Are you sure?" said Pinkie, and Apple Bloom looked confused for a moment, before Pinkie continued, "To Sweet Apple Acres!"

********

"Well, Applejack's not a vampire," said Pinkie, looking at the bent silver cross and empty bottle of holy water in her hooves as Applejack trotted away to help Big Mac repair the cider press.

"Ah told you so!" said Apple Bloom, "And she hates goin' to the hospital anyway!"

"So, we should change tactics: Who's the most likely pony to be a vampire?" said Pinkie, pausing for a moment.

"Fluttershy, of course!" said Pinkie, just as the Crusaders were about to answer, "She almost never comes into town when it's sunny, she's friends with bats, and some of those bats even drink blood! It's the perfect cover! To Fluttershy's!"

*******

"Okay then," said Pinkie, her voice muffled by Fluttershy's letterbox, "Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are not vampires either."

"I said Rainbow Dash was too awesome to be a vampire!" said Scootaloo, as Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom pulled on Pinkie's hind legs. With a pop, Pinkie came free from where Fluttershy had suplexed her into the letterbox.

"And Fluttershy can't even bring herself to hurt flies sometimes," said Pinkie, sliding her detective hat back on, and sipping on another box of tomato juice, "So there's only one real option left: Twilight. Sparkle."

The crusaders blinked.

"Think about it, girls: she stays inside all day, never seems to sleep, and nopony knew anything about her before she came to Ponyville. If there was ever the perfect candiate for a vampire, it would be her! To Golden Oaks!"

********

"Sorry girls, I thought for sure that Twilight would be a vampire," said Pinkie, as the Crusaders unstuck Pinkie from the ceiling of the main chamber of Golden Oaks Library, covering their noses to block out the smell of crushed garlic that Pinkie had covered herself in. "But at least we also know that Rarity's not a vampire either."

"Yeah," muttered Sweetie Belle.

"Hey, what's whooop!" said Pinkie, as she finally came unstuck, and bounced off the floor. "What's wrong, girls?"

"Nothin'," said Apple Bloom, "Just realising that it was a kinda stupid idea. Maybe there's just been a whole bunch of accidents or something, or the hospital had to use more blood than they thought they would."

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo nodded their agreement as Pinkie looked around.

"Besides, Twilight was right. Vampires are just stories," said Sweetie, "cool stories, but they're still just stories."

"Well, it was still fun, right?" she asked as she slurped on another box of tomato juice, "so maybe that's all that matters, girls. And maybe you'll get your cutie marks next time. And hey, go and tell Mrs. Cake that you can each have a cupcake on me."

"Yeah!" said Scootaloo and Apple Bloom, rushing off, Leaving Sweetie to stare at Pinkie for a moment.

****Time****

"Pinkie?" she asked.

"Yes, young grasshopper?" said Pinkie, with another slurp of her juice box.

"Why do you keep drinking tomato juice?"

Pinkie looked around furtively for a moment, motioning for Sweetie to come closer.

"It's because I'm actually a secret vampire, and this is a neato way to hide what I'm really drinking."

Sweetie Belle levelled her best stare at Pinkie Pie.

"Just kidding!" laughed Pinkie, "It's because my doctor said that I can't just live off sugar and cake and hot sauce. I need vitamins and stuff, and this is a super-easy way to get it."

Sweetie smiled, and dashed off after her friends, and Pinkie bounced home.

*****

The door to the blood bank at the hospital creaked open, and Pinkie Pie slipped in.

"Boy, did I wear myself out today," she muttered, picking up one of the blood bags, "going out in the sun is super tiring, even with my hat. Now, not too much, Count Pie, or else ponies will really start to suspect a vampire. No more than a pint."

Pinkie Pie bit into the bag, and smiled around her fangs as the viscous blood trickled down her throat.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #151: "The Blood That Feeds"

The Prompt: One (or more!) of the Mane Six or CMCs is actually a vampire! r two."

PreviousChapters Next