• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,253 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,253

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #100: Sabbatical

Twilight Sparkle shifted on her hooves, her wings twitching by her side. Cadence stood beside her, outwardly calm, though Twilight could tell that her favourite foalsitter ever was just as nervous as she was. It was unusual that both of them had been called to Canterlot for something other than the usual meeting every two months.

The doors to the throne room opened, and Princess Luna strode in.

“Mi Amore Cadenza, Twilight Sparkle,” said Luna, giving each a nod in greeting, “Tis good that you came as quickly as you did. Fear not, there is no emergency, but it is a time-critical matter that we need to discuss.”

“Then what did you call us here for?” asked Cadence.

It was at exactly that moment that Princess Celestia teleported into the throne room, a floral patterned shirt draped over her and sunglasses set atop her head.

“We are going on vacation. Don’t worry, we’ll be back in three months or so. Hoofwrestle over which one of you wants to raise the sun and moon, or something. Okay, thanks, try not to blow up the country, and bye!” said Celestia, vanishing with another brilliant flash of light. A moment later, Luna shrugged, and vanished in her own teleport.

“What.” said Twilight Sparkle. Cadence simply planted her hooves in her face.

*******

The next morning, Luna bounced into Celestia’s bedroom in the hotel they were staying at. The two sisters had taken on alternate forms to avoid getting mobbed by ponies, and that was largely the reason for the vacation the two were taking. To have a chance to relax without ponies bowing down and worshipping them for a while.

“Sister, it is time to get up!” said Luna, magicking the covers back.

“Leave me here to die,” groaned Celestia, “I knew I shouldn’t have tried to out-drink you.”

“We have to leave in the morning, you said, or we’re not going to get on the airship in time.”

“I’m the goddess of the sun,” mumbled Celestia, “morning happens when I say it does, and I say it’s not morning yet.”

In response, Luna yanked open the curtain, to reveal a beautifully bright sunrise, and flooded the room with light. Celestia hissed and shoved her face underneath her pillow.

“Come on, sister,” said Luna, “this round the world trip was your idea. ‘We should go and see the world’ you said. I was content to simply stay within Equestria for a month and rest.”

A pillow slammed into Luna’s face. Celestia groaned as she realized that she had now lost her main protection against the light that was making her head hurt.

*******

“Princess, we have received a damage bill from a hotel in Manehatten. Apparently one unicorn threw another out of a thirtieth floor wall of a hotel. Nopony was hurt, but the hotel wants that wall fixed.”

Twilight and Cadence looked at each other, and sighed. This would be a long, and expensive vacation for them.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #100: “The Greatest Adventure”
The prompt: Around the world in one hundred days.

PreviousChapters Next