• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,258 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,258

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #404-Cocooned

It was in the dark hours of the morning, well before the dawn that Pinkie Pie woke up. Easing herself out of bed as quietly as she could, she gave Gummy a cuddle, and wrote a short note, which she then carried downstairs with her into the bakery’s kitchen, still moving as quietly as she could. She didn’t want to wake up any of the Cakes, baby or full grown. The bakery was oddly silent at this time in the morning, and Pinkie knew that in only a few hours, the Cakes would be getting up for the day.

Once in the bakery’s kitchen, she then opened a trap door in the floor of the pantry, and emerged after a few minutes, with a large round wooden base, complete with four hoof-sized depressions, and six full bags of chocolate. A quick rummage in the cupboards, and Pinkie had the two largest pans she could find. She half-filled one with water, and set it over the stove, which was promptly lit, and for the moment, kept on a low heat. The other was filled to the brim with as much chocolate as she could. This pan, she set over the steaming water. She then left that, and turned the oven onto a low heat, and picked out several large metal bowls, knowing that for what she had planned, one pot of chocolate would not be enough. She licked her lips, almost unconsciously, but then she slapped herself with a hoof.

“No, Pinkie. You can’t eat this chocolate yet,” she whispered to herself, and then returned to her task. By now, the chocolate in the pan was almost completely melted, and the pink pony took a spoon in her mouth, stirring the thick, velvety and absolutely delicious-looking melted chocolate. Pinkie slapped herself again. Once she was sure that all of it was completely melted, she grabbed one of the large metal bowls, and carefully poured the chocolate into it. Leaving the pot for a while, she then placed the bowl into the oven, where it would keep the chocolate warm and liquid. Pinkie then refilled the pot with solid chocolate, and repeated the process, until all the chocolate she had pulled up from the storage room had been melted.

Pulling all the bowls full of liquid heaven out of the oven, and placing them on the stovetop, where they could still be kept warm by the burners, she pushed the wooden base over to near the stove, made sure that the note that she had written before was clearly visible on the kitchen counter, and that the kitchen was as clean as she could make it. Mrs. Cake hated it when Pinkie cooked and left a mess behind. This was where it got tricky. Taking a deep breath, Pinkie placed her two rear hooves in two of the hoof-slots in the wooden stand, grabbed the freshest pot of chocolate, and began practically painting it onto her rear legs. The chocolate was warm and comforting, and it went on thick and easy. Once the pot had run out, Pinkie leaned over as much as she could without disturbing her already setting legs, grabbed the bowl furthest away from her, turned off it’s respective burner, and continued the process.

Pinkie continued to slather her body in chocolate, making sure that the covering nice and thick. She was suddenly glad that she’d picked a pose that let her balance on two legs this time, rather than four, as otherwise this would be really hard. The last bowl was the trickiest, but it wasn’t out of the realm of possibility. Turning the last burner off with her mouth, as her forelegs were already setting, she gripped the edge of the bowl with her mouth, and with almost practiced ease, flicked it up and over. The chocolate spilled over her head, covering it completely and perfectly, with none going onto the floor. Her tongue flicked out, once, twice, poking two nose holes and keeping her mouth clear. The chocolate oozed into her ears, blocking her sense of hearing almost completely, and since she closed her eyes when she tipped the chocolate over her head, she was now completely cut off from the world.

Had she been able to, Pinkie would have smiled as the chocolate set over her body, hardening into an almost impenetrable shell. This was Pinkie Time, her own little hideaway from the world. She’d stay in here until she was refreshed and ready to face the world once again.

****Time****

When the Cakes came down an hour and a half later, they found the chocolate-covered pony completely set, and her note still sitting on the counter.

“Dear Mr. And Mrs. Cake (And Pound and Pumpkin too, but I don’t think you guys can read this),
Yes, I’m in the chocolate. Don’t break it, please! I needed some time to myself. I promise, Pinkie Promise, that I’ll pay you for what I used! Don’t be mad, please? Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.

Buut, if you guys could do me a favour, and move me out to the shop floor so ponies can look at me? They might get a laugh or two out of it. Oh, and a big ‘Do Not Touch’ sign on the base, too. That would be superrific! And try to keep me cool, as well. There’s a great spot near the south end. Maybe you could get Twilight to cast a cooling spell or something.

Pinkie Pie.”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #404-“Cutting Loose”
The prompt: Pinkie Pie enjoys some peace and quiet.

PreviousChapters Next