• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,258 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,258

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #560: Echoes

The door to Moon Dancer’s house slammed into Minuette’s face, and she reeled back, nursing her injured nose. Behind her, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts steadied their friend.

“I told you to leave me alone!” yelled Moon Dancer, “Just give up. I don’t need friends anyway. Just let me study.”

“Okay,” said Twinkleshine, “if you’re sure that’s what you want, Moon Dancer.”

“I’m sure!” said Moon Dancer, “now stop bothering me!”

With that, the three plodded away from the door.

“She’s been really down since that party,” said Minuette, “I thought she’d bounce back, but I guess not.”

“Well, what do you expect? Moon Dancer put everything into that party, and Twilight blows her off? She was devastated when Twilight didn’t turn up,” said Lemon Heart, pulling open the door to Donut Joe’s. They were all in need of the comfort of sugar and fried dough.

“Yeah, but it’s not like that’s unusual, though. She’s been doing that since we’ve known each other. It’s just how Twilight is. Give her a few more weeks, and she’ll remember us again,” said Twinkleshine, dabbing her mouth with a napkin to get rid of the chocolate sauce from her donut.

The three collectively sighed, and sat in silence for a while.

“Moon Dancer’s feeling down,
And Twilight’s left the town,
It was just a small party,
but now it’s a catastrophe.” sang Minuette, taking a breath before continuing,

“Oh Twi, Oh Twilight,” chorused the three mares.

“Twilight now lives in Ponyville,
and Moon Dancer’s looking ill.
She’ll study her days away,
We’ll never have another picnic day,” warbled Lemon Hearts, dabbing at her eyes.

“Oh Twi, Oh Twilight,” chorused the three mares again, and Lemon Heart and Minuette turned to face Twinkleshine.

“Losing friendships,
it’s kind of hard to do.
But Twilight Sparkle,
she hasn’t got a clue what she meant to Moon,” sung Twinkleshine.

“To Moon, Moon Dancer,” chorused the three friends.
“To Moon, Moon Dancer.”

The three mares sighed again.

“Twilight’s not coming back, is she?” asked Twinkleshine, as she bit into another chocolate-frosted donut.

“I doubt it,” said Lemon Hearts, “all the palace staff have been saying that Twilight’s taken up permanent residence in Ponyville. Still communicates with Princess Celestia, so I guess she’s on an assignment or something.”

“Probably to make friends, is my guess,” grunted Minuette, “I remember her complaining about Princess Celestia saying something similar before. And let’s be honest; Twilight’s not exactly the best friend in the world.”

Both Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts nodded.

“Still, it was nice while it lasted, I guess,” said Lemon, “But I think we all knew that this day would come.”

“Yeah. Right now, I kinda dislike Twilight Sparkle, and I just want to drown my soul in donuts and coffee,” said Twinkleshine. The other two nodded their agreement, and they proceeded to eat most of the display stock.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #560: “Play it again, Sam”
The prompt: Reimagine one of the songs from the show as having been sung by a different character in a different context.

Arrgh, this prompt. It was difficult.
For those who cannot tell, I used ‘Find A Way’, from Magical Mystery Cure.

PreviousChapters Next