• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,256 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,256

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #571-CUT!

“That’s a wrap!” called the stallion with a cutie mark of a clapboard, and the Mane 6 sighed and relaxed from their final positions. Around them, ponies began pulling set pieces off, taking down lighting and wrapping up cables.

“That’s the last shot for the season, folks! Well done, everyone!” cried out the stallion, “Drinks at Berry Punch’s are on me!” a cheer went up among the staff packing up the set, while Twilight and her friends walked off the set.

“You know,” began Applejack as the six headed off the filming lot, “when Princess Celestia told us ‘bout this, I sure as heck didn’t think it would take so darn long. I got Sweet Apple Acres to look after. And before you start, Rare, I know I got farmhands and my brother and sister, but there’s things on that farm that only I can do.”

“I wouldn’t even dream of it, Applejack. I too, have been worried about my Boutique. I’ve been away from it for far too long. For all the fun we had, I will admit that I am glad that it’s over, though. Perhaps now I can get back to making dresses, instead of all that...drama.”

None of the other ponies could fully suppress the snickers, giggles and in Rainbow Dash’s case, outright laughter that Rarity’s statement drew.

“What? Please, do tell me, what is so funny?”

“Sorry, it’s just you. Being tired of being dramatic,” said Rainbow, managing to push down her laughter while she answered Rarity

“I do have to agree with Rainbow, Rarity,” said Twilight, “you do tend to be very...dramatic, even when you’re not on set.”

“Well I never!”

“Come on, you gotta admit you had fun,” snickered Applejack, “And I sometimes remember that the director had to tell you to turn the drama down, even though you were playin’ yourself.”

“That did happen,” smiled Fluttershy, from her position behind Applejack, “quite a few times.”

Rarity managed to pout and throw a tantrum in complete silence for all of three seconds before she nodded her agreement with Applejack.

“Well, I must be off,” said Rarity as the six reached the gate to the film lot, “I promised that I’d pick Sweetie Belle up from school today if we finished early. Are we still having our usual get-together later this week?”

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world,” said Twilight, her horn beginning to spark and glow in preparation for her teleport home.

“You know it!” said Rainbow Dash, hovering in the air.

“Of course we are, Silly!” grinned Pinkie Pie.

“I’ll be there, as long as you can stand my company, Rare,” said Applejack, pulling on her hat.

“Oh, yes. I’m already looking forward to it,” said Fluttershy, also taking wing.

“Then farewell until then, my friends,” said Rarity, and she began to trot off towards Sweetie Belle’s school. Rarity glanced overhead, and an explosion of colour rocked the sky.

As one, though they wouldn’t figure it out until later, all six friends said the same thing.

“Best. Friends. Ever!”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #571: “Sorry for the caps lock”
The Prompt: Technological Innovation in Equestria
OR
The Prompt: After the end.

PreviousChapters Next