• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,258 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,258

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #355: Blink

“So, Twilight said that this will last until the end of the day. Is there anything that you want to do, Gummy?” said Pinkie Pie, a wide smile on her face.

The green earth pony blinked and stood there, completely impassive.

“Well, how about I show you around Sugarcube Corner! You’ve never really seen it from a pony’s perspective before! Ooh, I can show you how to make my favourite hotsauce cake!” said Pinkie Pie, wrapping her hooves around the ponified alligator, and yanked him out the door.

“Hi Mrs Cake! I’m just taking Gummy to the kitchen!” said Pinkie as she barrelled down the stairs, past her employer.

“That’s nice, Pinkie dear,” said Cup Cake, as the pink blur towed a green blur past her.

Pinkie Pie shot through the doorway, depositing Gummy just in front of the counter. Pinkie herself continued around, whirling around the kitchen, collecting ingredients. She eventually skidded to a halt once the counter held all the required ingredients to bake a cake.

Gummy blinked.

“Right, so the first step for making a hotsauce cake is to start with the dry stuff.”

Gummy blinked again.

********

“...and that’s how you make a hotsauce double surprise!” said Pinkie Pie. The sun was going down outside, and Pinkie Pie had had a full day of baking and being excited to be able to teach Gummy everything she knew about baking.

Gummy remained his stoic self, and blinked.

“And now, I think I’m a little tired,” yawned Pinkie Pie, “so I think I’ll just crash here,” she finally trailed off, and collapsed forward, and over Gummy’s back. The alligator-turned-pony began a slow, measured plod back from the kitchen and up the stairs, the pink pony sleeping soundly on his back. Finally, as the sun was just dipping below the horizon, he pushed Pinkie into her bed, and pulled the covers over her.

Twilight teleported in at that moment, and Gummy blinked.

“Don’t mind me, I’m just here to make sure that the spell reverses itself.”

As Celestia finished setting the sun, Gummy spoke for the first time.

“She’s beautiful. Thank you,” he said.

Twilight turned away from the window, just as there was a flash, and all that was left was a small, toothless alligator. Twilight picked up Gummy, and placed him next to Pinkie Pie, and then left.

Unconsciously, Pinkie Pie wrapped one gentle hoof around Gummy, and hugged him to her chest, a soft smile crossing her face.

Gummy blinked.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #355: “Uplifted”
The prompt: One (or more) of the mane six’s pets is now a pony.

This continues my trend of shipping Pinkie Pie with weird things.

PreviousChapters Next