• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,256 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,256

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #545: Nutrition

Fluttershy knew what was happening. Though she was no bookworm like Twilight, Fluttershy had read her fair share of fiction. After all, books meant that she didn’t have to go outside where everything was scary, and if she got scared from what was in the book, she could always close it. And that may have been at the heart of what was happening. Fluttershy couldn’t really remember a whole lot about the time she had been a vampire batpony, but what little she could remember was alluring, in its own way.

She had, for the first time, felt truly confidant. Yes, such confidence had come at the expense of wanting to suck the juice out of every apple she saw, but she had not hesitated to get what she wanted. It was the kind of confidence that Fluttershy wished she had in her normal life.

Fluttershy ran her tongue over her two protruding canines as the sun set behind the hills to the west of Ponyville. She knew what Twilight would say if she knew about this transformation of Fluttershy’s but Fluttershy just couldn’t bring herself to tel Twilight about it. Firstly because it had been a great help to Fluttershy-she could stay awake for much longer at night, and that let her visit all of her nocturnal animal friends, who had more-or-less accepted the slightly improved Fluttershy. And the second reason was that with this slight transformation, Fluttershy had been growing more and more confidant, almost by the day. She knew that with very few exceptions, she was the toughest thing in the night, nigh-on invulnerable at times. And knowing that was a great confidence booster.

Still, Fluttershy couldn’t deny that she had a new need, a new desire that she had to feed. And no matter how vampiric she looked once the sun passed the horizon, she was still Fluttershy, and just couldn’t bring herself to feed on unwilling ponies. But she had a solution for that.

********

“We’ve been noticing a drop in our blood reserves recently, Twilight,” said Nurse Redheart, “Nothing major, but enough that we are getting concerned. If somepony is stealing blood, then it could have serious repercussions.”

“I promise I’ll take a good long look at this, Nurse Redheart,” said Twilight Sparkle, as Redheart pulled open the door to Ponyville General’s blood storage vault, “and if I can find out who’s doing this I’ll...”

Twilight trailed off as she locked eyes with Fluttershy, whose fangs had been just on the edge of biting into a fresh bag of blood. Nurse Redheart peeked around the corner, and slapped a hoof across her face.

“You know what?” asked Nurse Redheart, “Fluttershy, you just go ahead. Just please leave a note telling us how many bags you’ve drunk each time you visit, okay?”

Fluttershy nodded, and bit into the bag blood. Twilight shook her head, and realised that the situation was taken care of.

“Fluttershy, if it’s okay, I’d like to have a talk to you tomorrow about this whole thing, alright?”

“Okay, Twilight,” said Fluttershy, pausing in her consumption for a moment. Once Twilight moved around the back of the door, Fluttershy dug in to the bag again, pausing only to spit out the occasional peice of plastic.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #545: "A Vampire's Thirst"

The prompt: Fluttershy's vampirism awakens.

PreviousChapters Next