• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,257 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,257

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #477-Righteous Anger

Fluttershy leant in close, pushing her face almost right up against Twilight’s, and the unicorn moved her body backwards without moving her hooves, but Fluttershy kept leaning forwards. Her lips curled back into a vicious snarl, mimicking the predators she kept around her house. Her eyes narrowed slightly, just enough to make Twilight fall backwards, the purple unicorn landing on her rear with a soft thud. Fluttershy’s wings were flared out to their full extension, the purest example of anger that a pegasus could display, and one of her front hooves was hovering just below Fluttershy’s face.

“Twilight Sparkle,” said Fluttershy, her normally soft voice hard, and cold with rage, “you...do you know what you have DONE?!”

“Wow Fluttershy, your breath really smells wonderful from here, what do you use?” said Twilight as she leant back a bit further, unable break eye contact with the enraged pegasus, no matter how much she wanted to.

“Don’t change the subject,” hissed Fluttershy, “You know perfectly well what you’ve done. You have to. I know Rainbow has mentioned it to you at least once.”

“You know, I think I need to go and reorganize the non-fiction section right now, so I’ll just be going,” said Twilight, her hooves scrabbling for grip on the earth. But with each inch she moved away from Fluttershy, the pegasus simply took a step forwards, keeping the distance between their faces at a minimum, deliberately invading Twilight’s personal space.
The pegasus might have looked overbalanced to the outside observer, with her almost fully extended hind legs and her weight almost fully over her front hooves, but her extended wings counteracted the shift of her weight, allowing her to stay in this position for as long as it took to make her point to the cowering unicorn.

“Don’t you dare go anywhere, Twilight. I was so close, and you ruined it. One more year, Twilight. One. More. Year.”

[Time]

Twilight laughed, an uncertain and completely out of place giggle, as Fluttershy pressed ever closer to her, and the pegasus’s front hoof was far too close to Twilight’s face for her liking. Everything about the entire pegasus’s demeanor screamed ‘Danger!’ to the unicorn. It was sparking every single danger instinct in her body, and all of them were screaming for Twilight to run away, but she couldn’t, frozen in place as she was by Fluttershy’s penetrating gaze.

“You made me lose The Game, Twilight,” said Fluttershy, her voice barely audible, but seething with rage, “a Game that I’d been playing for six years. One more year, and I would have been able to get Rainbow Dash to dress up fancy for an entire month. In frills. With makeup, Twilight. Do you even understand how hard it was to get her to agree to that in the first place?”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #477-“Interpretation or You Decide!”
The prompt can be found here.

Based off image 3.

PreviousChapters Next