• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,257 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,257

PreviousChapters Next
Legacy Prompt #29: Winter, But Worse

“No, there’s five seasons here, Twilight. Not four,” said Sunset Shimmer, as the two trudged through the ankle-high snow around Canterlot High.

“Really, what’s the fifth?” asked Twilight.

“It doesn’t really have a formal name, but it does go by the name ‘F***ing Winter’. It’s like winter, just worse,” explained Sunset, as she opened the door to Canterlot High.

“Really,” deadpanned Twilight.

“Yeah. Turns out that our bodies here aren’t as adapted to dealing with cold as well as they are in Equestria.”

“And what are the signs of this mysterious fifth season?” said Twilight, still not believing it.

“Oh, that’s easy,” said Rainbow Dash, rushing up from behind and wrapping her arms around Twilight and Sunset,

“Applejack puts on pants and a jacket.”

“I hardly think that a season can be described by one person’s attire.”

“Trust me,” said Sunset, “it can.”

*****

Two days later, while everyone else was rugged up with scarves and jumpers galore, Applejack was still wearing a t-shirt and denim skirt, and laughing at everyone else.

Twilight swore under her breath, though nobody could tell, as he mouth was muffled by three scarves (only one was from Rarity).

The next night, the temperature dropped even lower, and more snow was predicted, and the next morning, Applejack arrived at Canterlot High wearing pants for once, and a jacket. As Twilight and Sunset watched, she swept into the main hall of Canterlot High, all the while muttering ‘F***ing winter.’

“Told you,” said Sunset Shimmer.

That night, Twilight went back through the portal to Equestria and blissful, blissful summer.

Author's Note:

Written for Legacy Prompt #29, over on the TMP Group Forums

The prompt: The fifth season.

PreviousChapters Next