• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,258 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,258

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #445-Hey Look, No Tree Sap!

“Hey, Girls, I think I found something that could do the trick!”

“Scootaloo, that’s a Daring Do book.”

“Well, yeah, but it’s not just any Daring Do book. It’s Daring Do and The Font of Destiny. In it, there’s a fountain that can show a pony’s destiny, or wipe it clean.”

“Ah dunno. Seems a bit silly, followin’ directions from a story book.”

“Well, it’s not the silliest thing we’ve done.”

“Ah can’t argue with that, Sweetie.”

“So you girls will give this a shot?”

“May as well.”

“Eeyup.”

“Great! ‘Cause I sorta already started making a map of where we need to go.”

*****

“Y’all are sure we’re goin’ the right way?”

“Positive. We just have to cross the mountains, and it should be somewhere in the swamps on the other side.”

“Somewhere? Scootaloo, please tell me that you know how to actually get to this fountain.”

“Well, the book is a little vague...”

“Ugh. Why Did I let you talk me into this?”

*****

“I HATE mud. Really. I’m starting to see why sis doesn’t like getting dirty.”

“Come on, Sweetie. We’d better hurry to catch up to Scoots.”

“Hey, Apple Bloom? Why’d you come along? I thought you liked your cutie mark?”

“Ah do. But mah sis told me that not lookin’ out for mah friends was the worst thing a pony could do.”

“Do you actually think this ‘Font of Destiny’ thing really exists?”

“Nnope. Fact o’ the matter is, ah know it doesn’t exist.”

“Really? How?”

“In the beginnin’ of every Daring Do book, the author puts a whatchamacallit, dis-something.”

“Disclaimer?”

“That’s it. It says that all magical objects are made up, and don’t actually exist.”

“So Why’d you come?”

“Like ah said. Somepony has to look out for you two, but mostly Scoots.”

*****

“But I don’t get it. It should be right here. Maybe we should have taken a left back at the weird twisty tree.”

“No, Scootaloo. Let’s face it, it doesn’t exist.”

“Eeyup.”

“Apple Bloom, what are you...”

“Read that, Scootaloo.”

“Lessee... ‘All ponies and griffons in this book are not actual ponies, and any similarities to real ponies are purely coincidental. All eldritch abominations and magical artifacts in this book are made up, and do not, and have not ever existed.’ Aw, shoot. You mean we came all this way for nothing?!”

“Eeyup.”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #445-“Wiping The Slate Clean”
The Prompt: How to lose a Cutie Mark.

PreviousChapters Next