• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,256 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,256

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #331-Melancholic Days

It was a clear day.

That was the sole thought running through Thunder Tempest’s head as he flew to work that morning. And somehow, that seemed wrong. Today was the ten year anniversary, after all. But there was not a cloud in the sky, and a gentle breeze whispered across the city of Fillydelphia as the sun rose slowly into the sky. None of these things mattered to the normally happy pegasus, because in his head, he was partially reliving one of the worst days in his life, and simultaneously, with hindsight, one of the best.

As Filly Records, the music store where he worked as an instrument expert approached, he angled his wings for a gentle glide down to the street, and alighted lightly just in front of the door. Taking a minute to compose himself, he entered the store, the bell overhead tinkling as the door knocked it. He offered a quiet greeting to the two other ponies in the store, his manager and co-worker, and then set about his work for the day.

The day seemed to pass in a melancholy haze for Thunder Tempest, the only point of interest for him when he attempted to write a letter back home, was dissatisfied with it as usual, and tossed it into the waste basket. The entire day he was distracted by his own memories, lost in the events of the past. After work had finished, he began walking over to the centre of the town, and found the highest building he could. He walked up to the very top of the several story tower, stood on his hind legs at the very edge, and let himself fall backwards off the tower.

It was a clear day.

His wings snapped open.

Author's Note:

written for Prompt #331
the prompt was to use this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BLsI5eVfQY for inspiration.

PreviousChapters Next