• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,258 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,258

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #393: Proposals

"Rainbow, I think we need to have a little talk," said Rarity, as Rainbow Dash settled herself onto the couch in Rarity's living room.

"This isn't about the duchess thing, is it? I swear I didn't punch her this time!" Rainbow said, looking around nervously. Rarity smiled.

"Nothing so trite, darling. Besides, the duchess has been...defanged, shall we say. All she can do is spout nonsense, anyway. No, Rainbow, this is about you. And me, and our future," said Rarity, settling on the couch next to Rainbow Dash.

"I know that soon you'll be going out more and more with the Wonderbolts, travelling across the country, and my own business is beginning to gain momentum as well. We will both be incredibly busy in the coming months and years, and I just think that if there was ever a time to do this, then it should be now. Rainbow," said Rarity, but Rainbow held up a hoof.

"I can already guess what you're gonna say, Rare. I'm sad that it's come to this, but if you think we should take a break while we sort our careers out first, then I'm totally down for that. I mean, I get where you're coming from, I really do. Training for the Wonderbolts is basically a full time job, and I know how hard you work to get your fashion noticed by the high society. I guess we were due for a change in our thing for a while now," said Rainbow, sliding off the couch.

"What?" said Rarity, "Rainbow, that is not what I was talking about!"

Rainbow Dash blinked.

"Rainbow, you are quite possibly the most womderful mare that I have had the pleasure of knowing. You are the blast of colour that my life needs, and while your reckless abandon may have me tearing my mane out on occasion, there is also no other pony like you, and aside from your positively atrocious table manners, I cannot imagine my life without you," said Rarity, standing up, "What I am saying, Rainbow Dash, is that I think that we should take the next step before things get too hectic in our lives, so that we can go through these trials without being alone. What I am asking, Rainbow Dash, is would you like to get married?"

Rainbow Dash blinked as a smile spread across her face.

"I mean, of course, Rarity," said Rainbow, "but doesn't that question usually come with a ring of some kind?"

Rarity smiled.

"Rainbow Dash, I am unquestionably a Lady, whereas you are somewhat more...butch, shall we say? Ladies do not propose."

"Pretty sure they can," said Rainbow, folding her forelegs while she hovered in the air.

"Rainbow, I know you don't care about these things, but please please please, just let me have the experience of being proposed to?" said Rarity, bending over backwards and giving Rainbow her best puppy eyes expression.

"Fine," said Rainbow Dash, with a sigh and a smile on her face.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #393: "Hey Baby..."

The prompt: "...I think I wanna marry you."

PreviousChapters Next