• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,259 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,259

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #259: By The Campfire

Trixie sighed as she rubbed her hooves and stoked her fire with a stick. Somehow, after the disaster that had been Ponyville, she was still having trouble with her reception in other towns. She hadn’t been completely run out, but the story about her embellishing her magical talent had apparently gotten around. Trixie snorted to herself. Couldn’t ponies understand a stage persona? Every magician talked themselves up – it was simply part of the job.

Then again, Trixie mused that perhaps, just perhaps, that she could at least tone down the persona she used when she wasn’t performing. She was a skilled magician, no matter what that stupid, overpowered, adorable know-it-all Twilight Sparkle said. Trixie had earned her place in Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns, and she had a right to be proud of her skill. That she had also been requested to leave had no bearing on the matter.

Still, even if she was such a good performer and magician, she was still a travelling magician, and was stuck out here, in the snow, with only her own thoughts for company. Trixie was not far from the main road, but she had not seen another pony for hours. Just as she was about to let the fire die down and bed down for the night, she heard a voice, approaching her camp.

“Guards! Where are you? I cannot be walking around in this blasted snow without proper escort.”

Trixie frowned. The voice sounded familiar, but she couldn’t quite place it to a pony. Regardless, it wasn’t snowing that hard. Perhaps the stallion had gotten separated from his group somehow. Still, if he was wandering around in the snow, he’d be getting cold, and perhaps this would be a good time to practice this ‘helping ponies’ thing that stupid sexy Twilight Sparkle kept going on about, and stoked her fire higher, so as to attract the pony that was still complaining on the road.

She immediately decided that this was a terrible idea the moment that Prince Blueblood trotted into her camp. Blueblood blinked for a minute. Trixie debated making a head start on her trip to the next town.

“Hello, Trixie, was it? I would very much like to share your fire, as my incompetent guards seem to have deserted me.”

Trixie sighed, and nodded her agreement. Without much more invitation, Blueblood sat down on the opposite side of the fire.

“It has been some time since we last encountered each other, you know. I seem to keep missing your shows since the one in Canterlot.”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie finds this a complete shame,” muttered Trixie. Unfortunately, Blueblood heard it. He also missed all of the sarcasm loaded into the sentence.

“Yes, it is. It is a wonder, you know, how your shows are not more famous. You clearly do have a great deal of talent, far more than your audience gives you credit for.”

Trixie blinked. She had not expected that. She looked at Blueblood a little closer. She could see the way that he looked at her. It was not a look that was unfamiliar to her. Trixie was aware that she looked good. She was not unused to ponies finding her attractive. But this seemed different. Deeper, somehow, and that was a thing that Trixie was not entirely sure how to react to.

Trixie lit up her horn, and from her pack, extracted a blanket, and draped it around the shivering Blueblood.

“The great and powerful Trixie does not want you to freeze to death, seeing as you can actually appreciate Trixie’s talents,” said Trixie, glancing away, “do not read into it over much, or you may strain your brain.”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #259: “Won’t Fool Me Again”
The prompt: Mad Love

Yes, you see Tsundere!Trixie/Blueblood. Your eyes are not lying.
(it is exactly as ridiculous as it seems.)

PreviousChapters Next