• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,253 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,253

PreviousChapters Next
Legacy Prompt #2-Add Another To The Count

Celestia sat beside the throne, as Luna settled herself on the plush cushion of the throne itself. The sisters looked at each other.

‘What if I make a mess of things?’ spoke Luna’s eyes

‘I trust you,’ said Celestia’s own, and Luna nodded, reassured.

“We declare that the Night Court is open,” said Luna, her voice strong and powerful, and the two unicorn guards opened the doors to admit the first pony.

As Luna addressed the noble’s request, Celestia focused her attentions on Luna, a mental tally gradually rising.

“The Crown would be honoured to provide records for the library about the Nightmare incident in question,” said Luna.

‘Lie,’ thought Celestia.

“Of course, we understand that thou must think of thy own company first, but...”

‘Lie,’ mused Celestia.

“We do not wish to see war again, Ambassador. Is there not a compromise that we can come to?”

‘Lie,’ accused Celestia.

“Alas, my little pony, there is no room in the national budget for such an expense.”

‘Lie,’ agreed Celestia.

---

At the end of the session, Celestia stood up and stretched out her wings, the joints at the base giving a satisfying pop. She reviewed the mental count one more time.

‘438,’ Celestia thought, ‘438 lies told in one session of court.’ Celestia wasn’t stupid-ruling on truth and truth alone was, and never would be an effective form of government. Lying was a nessecary evil for her and her sister.

“Well, that went better than we expected it to,” said Luna, as she slid off the throne as the guards closed the doors to the throne room.
“So, do you think that you can handle it from here on your own?” asked Celestia.

“I believe that I can, sister. It feels...good to be helping with ruling once more.” Said Luna, a smile on her face.

‘439,’ thought Celestia.

Author's Note:

Written for Legacy Prompt #2, over on the TMP Group forums.
The Prompt: the Princess of Lies.

PreviousChapters Next