• Published 1st Nov 2014
  • 3,418 Views, 133 Comments

Ⓑⓤⓣⓣⓞⓝ Ⓜⓐⓢⓗ - Obselescence



Ⓣⓗⓔ Ⓖⓐⓜⓔ: You are Button Mash. You have just woken up. It is time to play a game. Can you beat the final boss and eat all the breakfast? Score of 100 on Metacritic. Over 50 hours of gameplay!

  • ...
39
 133
 3,418

Ⓑⓔ Ⓐ Ⓓⓞⓞ-Ⓓⓞⓞ Ⓗⓔⓐⓓ

SHUT UP SO ARE YOU.

LALALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING.

ALSO ROCKS FALL, EVERYPONY DIES.

PLAY BETTER NEXT TIME.

Comments ( 58 )

Oh god. Oh god no.

It's begun and we can not stop it at all.

~Skeeter The Lurker

2D
2D #3 · Nov 1st, 2014 · · ·

This story mashed my buttons.

I'm okay with this.

It happened and we let it happen.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

IT'S HAPPENING! BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES AND PREPARE FOR THE DELUGE!

Comment posted by Majin Syeekoh deleted Nov 1st, 2014

Oh god, it begins.

Also, what the hell? So many chapters to comment on, but they're all so short. Do you hate me or something? :(

Well, I'll take this as my cue to dive back into the bunker for a while...

~Blinkie

>This game is stupid

...HA

BRILLIANT

YOU MADMAN

obs plz

Hacker account, look at the fancy letters!:twilightoops: (Not really)

5213807

404, reply not found.

"This was the worst game I've ever played. It should be used as a weed-killer, because that way it would have a reason to exist. 9/10."

- Spike the Dragon

Thank you for the information, Pot. :moustache:

Welp, I died doing what I loved - playing video games.

Also everything was on fire, which really added a touch of flair to the proceedings. And badassitude.

Needs more jpeg.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

THERE WAS NO COW LEVEL!

Man, I came so close to reading this.

If only it featured Dante from the Devil May Cry series!

5213936

It contains Buttante from the Mash May Cry series. That should hopefully be reason to read at least half, right? :(

5213942

Nope!

Never liked that fool's mane!

This has to be the most brilliant and hilarious thing I've ever seen...

popbucket.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Big-Rigs-Youre-Winner-screenshot.jpg

Can I now play on Insane difficulty? I'll grind, I promise!

What have you done, Obs? What have you done?

Huh. This was actually surprisingly fun.

Not much replay value, but I'll probably take this off the shelf again in a couple of years for an encore. Or the inevitable blog about how Button Mash fics were so much better years ago.

5214096

Thumbs up to my Homestucks, yo.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this. It's really good.

5214021
Well, be down for breakfast in five minutes.

5214172

Guys I still can't get past the widescreen T.V. Is anyone ever going to update the FAQ?

Git gud.

What the fuck is happening

5214601

Hardcore video games.

There wasn't a single (S)Mash Bros reference in this entire story. You disappoint me greatly, Obs. :ajsleepy:

I laughed; I cried—it moved me, Obs.

This is what the internet was invented for.
They knew, in their hearts, that this glorious story would not have been possible without it, so they did what they knew they had to do.
And now their efforts have paid off.
~2/10, IGN

Curse you, Obs. I was actually starting Otto grow indifferent toward Button Mash. Now I can't decide.

Too easy. It feels like a tutorial level got put on repeat, and now you're stuck running through world 1-1 ad infinitum. Mash, as a character, is totally unlikeable. He has the worst levelling curve out of all the playable characters, his equipment pool sucks garbage, and his best attack - outside of that one he used in the cut-scene fight with Dark Mash - is crying on things. What in the world was going on at Development Inc. when they made this game?

3/10: with reserved opinion.

I actually love it. Five stars. I just wanted to review the "game" and not ruin that running joke.

RTS/TBS

Real Time and Turn Based?

How does that work? Like in Grandia II?

Ha. Being king of everything including this site according to my title, I rate this an infinity outta ten.

You are insane. :rainbowlaugh:

5213763
Can we stop it at all?

How could anyone downvote this?

10/10 would recommend to a friend.

This is actually quite funny. I enjoyed it. It definitely earned its random comedy tags.

That being said, the letters in circles still make me sad. Seriously, why do those ASCII characters even exist? What evil man decided to inflict them upon the world?

{Read a bit}
This is Homestuck, ain't it?

Edit: Eh. Got a pfft from me at the 404 joke. Otherwise, pretty humorless and predictable.

i got game over 10 times... is that normal?

5216789
Only those who are not cool enough to finish the game!

This game is stupid. Also, I fear that Button may try to kill Prince Blueblood in the future. (I'm okay with that.)

10/10 IGN


5/10 Polygon "I'm offended"

I don't know if the fact that so many gamers have never evolved past this level of maturity makes this story more or less funny.

Login or register to comment