• Published 26th Jun 2017
  • 28,320 Views, 2,685 Comments

The First Law of Magic - Jest



A prodigal child is born once more with a strange condition that makes her uniquely gifted in a lost magical art. Unfortunately for the child, that art is soul magic and Celestia does not tolerate the manipulation of a soul under any circumstances.

  • ...
106
 2,685
 28,320
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 25 )

Did you break through to the releases?
Somehow suspiciously many new works and updates in the old ones have been released recently.
Are you sure you're the Jest we know?files.everypony.ru/smiles/42/d2/5df5c3.png

11786123
If anything I am the old Jest ya'll know and love. Been getting help with the old mental health and have been hitting goals I haven't hit in like, a year or two. Crazy what you can do when you aren't sad af all the time.

11786130
Well okay. It's good that everything is getting better for you.

Round one of the super powered throw down goes to the residents of the Everfree.

Will the Empress of Evil, the Mistress of Malice, the Cardinaless of Carnage, the uh...I can't think of an alliterative title to to put before No Good-nic...*ahem* Celestia return to Layeth the Smacketh Down on our intrepid heroes for round 2?

11786130
Wait there’s going to be books for this?!

11786362
Nah that takes money I dont have. By book at least in this context means halves of the story.

Wait book one?! Now I wonder if Cadance or Chrysalis caught that Discord said that wasn’t Celestia?

11786450
Of 2, probably. I cant be certain this project wont get away from me a second time.

11786378
That’s what I mean

11786473
Then yes indeedly, there will be a second book coming. I'll be looking to revamp and reedit this one first, and commission more art, but that wont be for awhile.

Heh, discord, the ever present meta character always capable of unrivaled power and simultaneously being limited by story and author. The deus ex machina. Loved how you used him in this, felt right and in character. I know the reference made but never seen it. Much amusement was had at it all the same.

Hmm well finally we saw discord hah

Oh no! I caught up to the most recent chapter!

11803071
Nice. I'm enjoying this story very much. I've seen it pop up time and again in the feature box and search results. Now that I'm finally reading it, I'm blown away by the quality of your writing.

I can't stress enough how much of a relief and satisfying it is to read something this well written when so many fanfics fall short for one reason or another.

I've just been reading it voraciously.

11803083
Well hey, I appreciate it. If you liked this one do check out some of the other stories I've written. This is the one I'm most proud of but the others are pretty darn close in my opinion.

11803215
I think I have read some of your other stories before

11803280
Well do let me know what you think of them if you haven't already.

Fuck. Now that I'm FINALLY caught up I'll do a little rant.

This story is down right amazing. I can not get enough on everyone's trists and turns. And yet how you still make sure every character is true to themselves. I love everything about it. My one downside is we never got to see what broke the sun. Hopefully the next updates take care of that. Other than that I will now only ever be saying nice after every update

I have found an unorthodox, but proven, method for dealing with solar entities

Jokes aside, always glad to see this updated when my orbit brings me around this site again.

Comment posted by Embersparkle deleted March 20th

Good night! 😉 I really love this story. My boyfriend is jealous 'cause I'm constantly glued with my eyes on my phone. Can't wait to see how it goes on! Keep up the amazing work! :pinkiehappy:

11855977
It shall return soon.

11863016
If you think the only thing that's happening is tree cutting then, ho boy.

Ah finally caught up. Amazing story so far. I had put it off for so long because the tags made me think it would be a lot darker than it actually was. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment