• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 11,279 Views, 9,916 Comments

Eljunbyro - Imploding Colon



Bellesmith must perform experimental tasks in order to keep herself and her beloved safe.

  • ...
49
 9,916
 11,279

PreviousChapters Next
Lonely Eyes

He stirred, painfully at first, then in a sluggish haze with which one pony would naturally greet the dawn.

Eagle Eye was lying draped over a stalk of sapphiric crystal, embedded in the ground east of the ravine. He wasn't alone. Josho lay on the earth just below him, besides his sword and shield. The obese stallion's horn was still sparkling from the magic that had transported him, the lavender unicorn, and several chunks of cliff rocks across battle-riddled space.

Eagle tried to move, but his limbs were too bruised and battered to do much of anything. Ultimately he fell and slumped to the ground just beside the unconscious Ledomaritan. He crawled weakly to the canyon's west edge, gazing sickly towards the northern sky where the body of the Steel Wing fell like a burning flock of birds to the earth.

Tears welled up in the young mercenary's eyes. He was too dazed to register the rocketing sound of a manaship flying south past his location as he gave the dawn one last fitful gaze... and a whimper.

"I-I love you..."

And then his face fell to the earth, dead-still.

PreviousChapters Next