• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 11,278 Views, 9,916 Comments

Eljunbyro - Imploding Colon



Bellesmith must perform experimental tasks in order to keep herself and her beloved safe.

  • ...
49
 9,916
 11,278

PreviousChapters Next
Back Again

Belle landed in bed.

Her chestnut brown eyes flew wide.

With a gasp, she shot up—only to be held still by Dalton's hooves.

"Whoah there! It's okay!" the elder pony said. The artificial sound of crashing waves filled the tiny concrete room as she stood by her bed within the facility. "That's quite a start you had there—"

"Whitemane," Belle muttered. "The Spark..."

Dalton looked at her strangely. "You're... You're speaking!"

"Dalton!" she looked towards him in a cold sweat. "An alicorn! An alicorn took over the sequencing!"

"An alicorn...?"

"I couldn't contact you, but that's because I was... I was..." She seethed through her teeth as she jumped out of bed and began pacing. "I was being delivered a message of some sort! I had this vision! I'm pretty sure I was Rainbow, but this couldn't have been a memory. The alicorn was talking to me! She knew about my beloved! She knew..." She bit her lip and hugged herself. "I've never felt so scared and yet so secure in my life." She sniffled as a painful smile crossed her face. "It was heavenly, Dalton. I had no idea meeting an actual goddess would be so amazing. I felt true purpose and meaning for the first time and—" She turned towards him.

He was gazing at her with a shocked expression.

She blinked at him, then glanced at the surroundings, then looked towards Dalton once more. "I don't get it. Why are you looking at me like that?" She gulped. "Why am I here and not inside the laboratory?"

"You mean you don't know?" Dalton asked.

She slowly shook her head.

He cleared his voice and rubbed a hoof nervously over the head of her bed. "This... uhm... this is the first time that you've spoken to me since you came back to the facility, darling. I was c-concerned for a while there that you were mad at me."

"What...?" Her eyes narrowed. "What do you mean the first time? I just came out of sequencing?"

"Belle..."

"I couldn't contact you because of the alicorn! It broke the session! I thought—"

"Belle, you've had over a dozen sessions, already."

She gazed at him blankly. "Huh?"

He gulped and said, "You've been sequencing for the past five days." He leaned forward. "You're telling me that you don't remember any of this?"

She fell back on her haunches, her face pale. "Five... days...?!"

"We were hoping that... heh... that you would open up and tell us something by now," he said in a nervous, hoarse voice. "We were hoping that you'd have some data to share about your sessions after so many jumps. Now, I-I've tried to curry favors and explain that you were just focusing on your work and all..."

"What do you mean, Dalton?"

"Well..."

With a cold swish, the door to the room slid open. Two stallions in berets stood with iron-piercing gazes.

Dalton looked from them to her. He spoke in low voice, "Enforcer Slade has been wishing to see you. He's not very happy."

PreviousChapters Next