• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 11,275 Views, 9,916 Comments

Eljunbyro - Imploding Colon



Bellesmith must perform experimental tasks in order to keep herself and her beloved safe.

  • ...
49
 9,916
 11,275

PreviousChapters Next
Real World

When the darkness cleared and Belle's eyes opened, the blue sky was gone. The chaotic clouds were gone. A gentle breeze wafted through the windows of her home, stabbing her eyes with the golden haze of a brilliant dawn.

She winced only once, stirring. She felt a warm duvet covering her limbs, and an even warmer shape beyond it. Gazing down at herself, she found that she was lying in the bed at her cottage. What was more...

"B-beloved?" she stammered breathlessly.

Pilate was seated by her bed, his upper body draped over the middle of the sheets. His features slowly rose and fell as his striped head lay in her lap. A single hoof was outstretched to constantly be in contact with hers. It was apparent that the stallion had remained in that position overnight.

She inhaled sharply, her eyes watering as she reached down to rub his forelimb. "Pilate... Pilate...!"

"Mmmff..." He stirred slowly. His ears were the first to move, flicking at the sound of her voice. His eyes opened, gray slits that peered thinly into nothingness. "Belle?" he entreated. "Are you awake finally?"

"Oh Pilate!" she flew forward and engulfed him in a hug, burying her face into his black and white coat. "I was gone! I felt like I was so far away! So far fr-from you!"

"It's so good to hear your voice again," he said, summoning a strong voice as he smiled and nuzzled her back. "A group of enforcers brought you here two days ago and—"

"Shhh!" she hissed, kissing his muzzle and murmuring into his ear. "I don't want to hear about the facility. I don't want to think about Blue Shelf anymore!"

"But... But I-I don't understand, Belle!" he stammered. "You were gone for so long! I thought that you had been drugged! What... wh-what's happening to you?"

"I don't know, and I don't care!" She sniffled and wept. "I-I just want to hear your voice. I just w-want you to hold me..."

"I'm here for you, Belle," Pilate said, engulfing her in his forelimbs. "I won't leave you. Someway, somehow, we'll get through this."

"I miss you," she whimpered, shamelessly. "I miss you so much."

"It's okay. Shhhh... You're here now. Just gather your breaths, beloved. I'm not going to leave you..."

She smiled painfully as a few lasting tears trickled down her neck. She looked past him through the windows, towards the tiny sliver of daylight lingering beyond the windblow curtains. For a moment, she thought she saw two pear blue spots beyond the clouds. But as the tears cleared and her vision returned, everything was clear and normal once again.

So she shut her eyes towards everything and reveled in the scent of her beloved as Pilate rocked her gently.

PreviousChapters Next