• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 11,275 Views, 9,916 Comments

Eljunbyro - Imploding Colon



Bellesmith must perform experimental tasks in order to keep herself and her beloved safe.

  • ...
49
 9,916
 11,275

PreviousChapters Next
So Awake

Bellesmith sat up. The covers flew off her.

She blinked, her eyes being stabbed by golden light.

She tilted her head to the left. An open window stretched by the bedside.

Climbing over a slumbering zebra, she fell gracelessly onto the floor, stood back up, and crawled towards the window.

She peered out.

It was morning. The crisp air tickled her nose. The rising sun burned over the horizon, forming swaths of shattered light through the trees.

Belle's irises shrunk, and she smiled wickedly. Spinning around, she wildly shook the warm body of the stallion on his side of the bed.

"Pilate!" her voice cracked. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"

"Nnngh—Mmmf... Hhhuh..." His ears were the first to move. Slowly, he sat up, shaking his groggy skull. "Whuh... b-beloved?"

"How can you sleep at a time like this?!" she exclaimed in a raspy voice. "When it's such an awesome morning outside?"

"Awesome... morning..." he droned.

"Ffffffff..." she inhaled heavily, then tossed her mane back. The yellow hairs of her shoulder stood on end. "Ohhhh blessed Spark! I wish that wind would kiss my face forever!"

"Wind... kissing...?" Pilate's gray eyes fluttered open, as if seeking clarification beyond the moment. "Darling, are you okay?"

"Okay?! I'm alive! I'm here! I'm with the zebra of my heart and—Nnngh! Goddess!" she yanked his hoof out and aimed it towards the window. "Don't you feel that wind and sunlight?!"

"Gaaah!" Pilate yelped as he fell like an anvil out of bed and rolled against her. "Mmfff... I'm feeling the floorboards, h-honey..."

"Pfft! Screw the floorboards!" Belle galloped out of the room. "I'm grabbing my saddlebag! I want grass! I want pine! I want more wind in my mane!"

"Unnngh..." Pilate sat up. "Belle? Why are you... uhm.... why are you so much more awake than me?"

"Wrong A word, Pilate!" she called out from the kitchen, fumbling through several clanging items.

"Huh?"

"Stretch your legs! We're going out for a jog!"

"We are...?"

PreviousChapters Next