• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 11,279 Views, 9,916 Comments

Eljunbyro - Imploding Colon



Bellesmith must perform experimental tasks in order to keep herself and her beloved safe.

  • ...
49
 9,916
 11,279

PreviousChapters Next
Cold Sweat

Belle sat up in the chair, gasping and sputtering. Her eyes flickered red, then back to chestnut brown as the wires flew free of her glowing horn.

Dalton rushed over to brace her down. "You're back! It's okay! The sequencing is over!"

"Nnngh... B-beloved!" she exclaimed breathlessly, sweating all over. The other white-garbed ponies flurried over the instruments behind her as she stammered, "I saw... I saw it..."

"Just try to calm down. We don't know what happened, but the sequencing fused with your leylines and pulled you away from our monitoring—"

"A tablet!" Belle exclaimed, looking at him with twitching eyes. "I need a tablet! Something to write on!"

Dalton bore a confused face. "To... write what?"

"Please! This is very important! Blue Shelf needs it!"

Dalton turned and motioned at one of the ponies. A mare in white rushed over with a writing pad and a pen. Sitting up in the chair, Bellesmith held the instrument in the crook of her hoof and began hastily sketching two symbols. She held her breath until the task was done, then limply passed it into Dalton's grip.

The old stallion held it, gazing intently. He glanced at Belle, then at the illustration once more. "Belle, darling, what is this?"

She had slumped back into the seat, panting for breath as her heart began slowing to a normal beat.

"What do these mean...?"

She gazed up, her eyes thin. She saw obscure shapes in the windows above. One of them was a tall figure, stocky and fitted with thick Enforcer Armor. After a prolonged stare, he placed the shape of a beret over his horn, turned, and marched into the shadows beyond the translucent sheets.

Then Belle closed her eyes...

PreviousChapters Next