• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 11,257 Views, 9,916 Comments

Eljunbyro - Imploding Colon



Bellesmith must perform experimental tasks in order to keep herself and her beloved safe.

  • ...
49
 9,916
 11,257

PreviousChapters Next
Sapphire Eyes

"Oh please! Oh please!" Her voice echoed across rooftops from where she dangled alongside the cylindrical building. "Somepony! Anypony! Save me!"

I was already sailing towards her, diving down from the clouds as swiftly as my adult wings could carry me. "Don't worry! I'm coming!"

"I'm slipping! I'm going to perish!" she wailed as her hooves gave way. She slipped another inch towards the hard earth, sobbing, "I am too beautiful and fabulous to die!"

"For the love of oats, will you chillax?!" I shouted, hurling myself towards the boutique. "I'm almost there—"

"Aaaaaaaiiie!" she screamed as she plummeted towards the ground.

Effortlessly, I swooped down and caught her pale body seconds before she could explode into pony paste.

"There!" I said, smiling through a relieved breath. "You're good! I told you that I'd—"

"Aaaaaaah!" she screamed into my ear, her whole body flailing.

I winced, nearly dropping her from the sheer sonic trauma to my skull. "Knock it off, lady! I just friggin' saved you!"

"Aaaaah—Ah.... Uhhhh... Oh..." She panted, gulped, and dangled within my grasp. "Oh dearest me. I'm not d-dead?"

"Don't tempt me," I grumbled, then touched down before the building with its super girly architecture. "There. Think you can stand on your own?"

"Oh thank you! Thank you!" She engulfed me in a dear hug, her pale body trembling. "I thought I would surely perish! But then you came out of nowhere and swept me off my hooves like an angel!"

"Uhhhhh..." I sweated nervously, glancing over her to see several ponies waving and cheering my recent heroics. "I was just sw-swinging by to survey the village. I'm gonna be patrolling the weather clouds starting tomorrow—"

"Oh! So you're our new weather flier!" She leaned back, her blue eyes sparkling with wonder. "No wonder you're so brave and resourceful! Oh, I couldn't possibly live under a nobler sky!"

"Yeah. Uh huh. I'll be leaving now." I turned around and spread my wings.

She tugged at my tail. "Oh, you must let me buy you dinner so that I can truly thank you for providing my salvation!"

"Nah. It's fine. I mean really—"

"I should have known better than to think I could repair the hole in my roof on my lonesome. Please, you must let me show you my gratitude for cleansing me of my foolish ways!"

"Really, I gotta go, Miss..."

"Rarity, darling."

"What the heck kind of a last name is 'darling?'"

"Oh, no... Heh heh heh. You have me at a disadvantage. I was simply—"

"Has anypony told you that you sound like a vampire?"

"Oh ho ho ho ho!" She giggled, waving a dainty hoof. "Your humor is obtuse and yet so exquisite! You must share more it with me!"

"Eh... I think we're good."

"I'll tell you all about my new fashion business here in Ponyville!"

"Oh. Jee. That sounds sooooo exciting—"

"I'll even show you my latest lineup of jumpsuits I've been commissioned to make for the Wonderbolts!"

I spun towards her and marched directly into the Boutique in one breath. "Okay. I'm starved! Let's chow down and totally girl-talk!"

With a victorious giggle, she trotted after me.

"Bellesmith, this is Dalton again. Are you receiving anything here?"

"Uhhhh..."

"Hmm?"

"Eh, no. Not really. Is there another sphere nearby?"

"Funny that you should ask. This one is far more recent. Are you ready for transition?"

"As long as it isn't too lame."

"Beg your pardon?"

"Jarring. I meant to say 'jarring'... or at least I think I did..."

"T-Minus Three... Two... One..."

PreviousChapters Next