• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 26,495 Views, 4,009 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: The Other Side of the Spectrum (The Original) - Sledge115



When a magical portal spits out a enraged being, Twilight Sparkle and her friends discover a world being attacked by... them? Now Equestria must go to war and save humanity and its allies before it's too late.

  • ...
208
 4,009
 26,495
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 28 )

Is the new one still ongoing, or?

Canceled but new chapter

ganiax ending huh. Well at least it’s something.

Is it just me, or has the 4th Wall suddenly ceased to exist? :rainbowhuh:

9099338
#WhatFourthWall?

To quote that guy from Mighty No. 9 ( not Inafune): It's better than nothing.

...

>.>
I missed working on this with everyone... but alas, doubt I'll be jumping on board again, too many stressful things happened and I just felt discarded after the group disbanded.

But alas, I wasn't a really important member of the crew. If this keeps on going, that's awesome, if not, oh well.

Good luck once more to the authors, and I bid you vale.

9099133
Is... This going to be at all relevant to the rebooted story?

Like, in pre-reboot Renee gonna be popping up in reboot SPECTRUM? Is this monster that spazzed out in the end there gonna be relevant?

EDIT: Just reread it... Please tell me SPECTRUM isn’t going to become all Metafictional now?

9101302
I couldn’t tell you the first thing about what, if anything, SPECTRUM is going to do with this, if indeed it becomes relevant at all. Is preboot Renee popping up? Almost certainly not. Is the monster that spazzed out at the end? Again, almost certainly not.

This is just, as another commenter noted, a Gainax Ending.

Spoilered for my thoughts on things and what this could mean: I find it rather deliciously meta as a piece of work purely because of the fact that the sudden end reflects the actual story’s sudden end. And one has to admit, there is a certain sense in setting up something larger than one world when one is playing with multiverses. I saw a note on the original Spectrum’s TvTropes about the fact that supposedly there are millions of other universes where Queenie - or rather, Tirek - exists to be all evil, and there’s a certain question that had already popped into my mind a long time ago that was just confirmed by that. Surely the multiverse should be overrun with these things killing each other for dominance... unless, and here’s a thought, there’s some kind of limiting factor…

9101325
I’m glad the monster isn’t gonna be relevant any further, at least. It sounds like it had some beef with us, the readers and writers, and frankly SPECTRUM isn’t the sort of story that should be playing with that sort of Homestuck-esque metafiction. :ajbemused:

That being said, considering it sounded like the Monster ate EVERY universe that split off from this story, shouldn’t the SPECTRUM universe be likewise devoured? :derpyderp1:

9101331
Well, judging by what both the Bold Text and Italic Text guys said, I believe that said monster ate the original Spectrumverse, and the new one existed after. That seems only logical since the new one is different from the ground up (Galatea, Alex Reiner) rather than being an offshoot. It’s just a much closer parallel to the original Spectrum than, say, AOA or Prism of Infinity.

Although... who says Spectrum shouldn’t play with metafiction? 😝

9101347
Are you going to change the cancelled tag to complete?

Also, seeing as he/she/it ain’t popping up in SPECTRUM, any personal interpretations of what the Monster is?

9101383
You already know what the monster is, Darth 🙂 And the being with the italics has popped up in the original Light Despondent.

As for the tag, take that up with TheIdiot. He’s the one with control on such things

9101398
I know the Italics is Doctor Bowman, but I can’t know who the monster is because the Doctor explicitly stated it came from outside that section of the multiverse. An OCP. Unless it’s a Eldritch Abomination version of the Dark Avatar or another Tyrant.

Unless I was the demons all along.

And then I was a zombie.

9101409
Well no, the first italics is Doctor Bowman’s last message, but the other italics - the AN and the last few lines - that’s someone else entirely. Although you’re right about the bolded character 😜

The second italic figure is the mysterious Albino, best seen in the last Light Despondent chapter.

9101473
Darth Sonic confirmed more powerful than Jiren! :pinkiehappy:

9101513
That would be hilarious 😃😝. Ah, but all I said was that you guessed right, not which guess.

Omg it's back!!

Edit:
Nvm it's dead

9352103
It's a very long story, these blogs explain the full story.
Jed's blog
Vox's blog
Fluffy's blog
Kizuna's blog
Slegde's blog

Too long to read?
Huge disagreement between RedSkin, the former lead writer, with most of the co-writers ended with everyone cutting ties with him and the story was ultimately cancelled since nobody wanted to continue it.
There's now a reboot on the works. Hopefully without the drama that killed this story.

8927178
Im kind of interested in the story behind that, Also in regards to this story ive heard lots of great things about it, how close does it get to a satisfactory ending?

8152866
I saw the 15 thumbs down
And yet, i clicked.
I regreted that decision

Its a shame that Frank Castle didn't appear in one of the chapters because I would imagine what his reaction would be when he finds out that Twilight Sparkle has done loads of failed experiments on adults, children and babies who are naked and chained up, he would be horrified and would see Twilight as a true scumbag and a sick pedophile (I mean she forcily took off their clothes right?) and he would swore to kill Twilight in the most unimaginable way that would make King Sombra blush so brightly

wish this was not discontinued this is great.

10926692

This story has been discontinued - the reboot, however, is ongoing. I'd suggest reading that one first, heh

TSpectrum
Secrets come to light when a human appears, and the Equestrians learn of a world under siege – by none other than themselves. Caught in a web that binds the great and humble alike, can Lyra find what part she’ll play in the fate of three realms?
Sledge115 · 601k words  ·  442  28 · 11k views

10927142
Humans

We aren't perfect.
We make a lot of mistakes.
Some that won't stop being repeated
We are monsters in a way, but not truly monsters.
Iv'e learned that there is truly more than what meets the eye.

We may have had violence for thousands of years.
We may have hated each other since the start of our existince.
But if something ever threatens our home

We will stand together, to protect it.

10927142

War.

War changes us.
It changes our behaviour.

From happiness to hatred.
From mercy to killer.
And to those with loss.

But it also unites us.
To fight for the right.
To protect the innocent.
To fight those who dare threaten our home.

Iv'e learned now of why we fight, not because of territory or hatred, but also for peace.
There will always be light that shines over the
darkness.

I may not be a fan of war and violance, but i learned now that we fight for what is right and against those who have evil hearts.
If anyone or anything threatens my home,I will fight to protect it.

I am luetenant Prime, and i send this message to those who live amongst the stars.
If you dare threaten our home-

WE ARE PREPARED, WE ARE WAITING.

4799478
good lord, I was a moron when i was a kid

Login or register to comment