• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,920 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,920

PreviousChapters Next
Emil's Well-Rounded Flavor (Georg's "Raid-iate the Fridge")

Author's Note:

[Slice of Life][Math Jokes]

This is a follow-up to Georg's "Raid-iate the Fridge" (170 words, [Slice of Life][Comedy]) See that story for the rest of the inspiration chain.

NOTES: "Emerald" is the caretaker for the Golden Oaks Library in certain timelines while Twilight is away on missions. And hey, a stallion's got to eat, even while looking after the treebrary...

Also, my apologies to Emil for taking almost a year to give this its own chapter.

Emerald looked at the two identical, if unusually shaped, packets of instant ramen. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, then reopened them to see the same impossible sight. Two brightly colored spherical packages of ramen, with the splashy advertisement of "Real Neighponese Miso Flavor- It's All Inside The Ball!" on the wrapper, underneath the manufacturer's logo. On the other hemisphere were some rather detailed instructions.

He mentally reviewed the past 30 seconds. After he had the pot of water boiling, he had removed the ONE packet of ramen from the cupboard, followed a few strange instructions about tearing the wrapper and rotating the package in specific ways...and now there were two identical packages of ramen on the counter.

Emerald picked up the new package and read the instructions. They were identical to the initial package's. He performed the strange ritual again. Three packets of ramen sat in front of him.

He took a close look at the logo and sighed as he ripped the third packet open and tossed the ball of dried noodles into the boiling water. "Well, if this Banach-Tarski ramen tastes good, I'll need to look into where to order it."

The noodles tasted wonderful.

PreviousChapters Next