• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,915 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,915

PreviousChapters Next
Georg's The Shadow Over Canterlot (Starscribe's "Forbidden Places")

Author's Note:

[Comedy][Random][Crossover?]

This is a riff on chapter 72 of Starscribe's Forbidden Places (167,687 words at time of publication, [Violence][Adventure][Drama])

FORBIDDEN SPOILERS: Four people who make a hobby (and YouTube channel) of exploring places sealed off from the public stumble upon a portal to Equestria in the Parisian catacombs. One thing leads to another, and one of their number, turned into a seapony, is captured by an old-money Canterlot noble who claims she's just trying to preserve the species. The others signal that they've found her and have a plan through a Little Mermaid reference... though that comes with its own risks.

"Ymg' actions ep ah c'thulah.... Ahem. Excuse me."

Kaelyn whirled around on unsteady hooves to look at the small, quiet, somewhat grey-ish pony who was standing in the room quietly, despite not having been there a moment ago. There was really nothing to identify him as anything special except the pinstriped suit, which looked suspiciously like a second grey skin, and his featureless white eyes.

"Sorry about that, ma'am. Not used to the humidity here. In any event, you may consider this your one warning before our client issues a restraining order."

"Restraining order?" echoed Kaelyn while carefully backing up, keeping her 'mate' behind her.

"A very restraining order," added the grey stallion. "You have been warned."

With that, the grey stallion faded into the faint shadows of the room, until moments later it was like he had never been there at all. Well, except for the lingering scent of seaweed and an ever-so-faint sound of distant voices that she tried her best not to hear.

"What was that?" gasped Tellin, peering around her shoulder. "Some kind of monster."

"Worse." Kaelyn fought down a shudder. "A lawyer."

PreviousChapters Next