• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,915 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,915

PreviousChapters Next
Georg's In Her Hoofsteps (ArgonMatrix's "Friendship Bewitched")

Author's Note:

[Comedy][Slice of Life][Impending Doom]

This is a continuation of ArgonMatrix's Friendship Bewitched (3,654 words, [Slice of Life])

SPOILERS BEWITCHED: In her first few days on the throne, Twilight receives an unexpected petitioner: the actual Grogar. He sees which way the wind is blowing and wishes to skip his inevitable defeat and just cut straight to the mutually beneficial alliance. Twilight doesn't trust him as far as she can throw him, but Spike gets her to give him a chance... provided he enrolls at the School of Friendship.

"So..." Starlight Glimmer moved her ficus to the other side of the principal's desk next to the 'Best Headmare Ever' mug full of empathy cocoa and just observed Twilight for a moment. There were twitches, and sprung up hairs, as well as that creepy smile to observe, which really did not proclaim 'The Princess of the Realm is Sane' in any kind of body language. Instead of calling for the School Counselor (which would not have helped Twilight's stress level, since Starlight Glimmer had not found a way to break the news about Trixie's new job to Twilight Sparkle yet), she let out her breath and asked, "How can the School of Friendship help you?"

"I've... got a new student for you," started Twilight before rolling right into her next question. "Do you remember when we talked a few months ago about how I had been so angry that Princess Celestia would pawn off her problems on me, and you said it was because she was testing to see if I'd be a good princess at first, and to see how good a job I'd do with ruling the kingdom later, and I laughed and laughed?

"Yeeees..." started Starlight Glimmer slowly.

"Well, I just wanted to say congratulations ahead of time and to get preening lessons from Rainbow Dash when you have a chance because here's your new student and good luck!"

There was a flash of purple, and Twilight Sparkle was gone. There was, however, a creature remaining in her place.

Starlight took a cautious sip of her cocoa, let out her breath, and made her best attempt at a smile. "Welcome to our school?"

PreviousChapters Next