• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,905 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,905

PreviousChapters Next
FoME's Diplomatic Irony (Lets Do This's "My Little Student")

Author's Note:

[Slice of Life]

This is an offshoot of Lets Do This's My Little Student (19,344 words, [Adventure][Comedy][Slice of Life])

MY LITTLE SYNOPSIS: A collection of snippets of Twilight's early days as Celestia's personal student. One early scene has her looking out over Canterlot and beyond, marveling at the panaroma and wondering if what she felt then and there was how it felt to be the Princess. She follows this up by whispering a decree and giggling at the improbability of such a thing as "Princess Twilight Sparkle" ever happening.

Twilight took a deep breath, letting it out as she sat. To the manager of the factory and the union representative, it would look like she was just settling into her chair, not that she was performing a breathing exercise to keep from flying off the handle over how this labor dispute had somehow reached the point that it called for royal intervention, much less being the royal who had to intervene. She opened her mouth to begin the opening statement she'd practiced until late last night.

"Anypony want a snack?" All eyes turned to Pinkie Pie, who definitely hadn't been in the conference room before now. (Granted, Twilight was pretty sure that the conference room hadn't been in her castle last week.) "Nothing goes better with tense negotiations than a jam roll!"

Picket Line shared a look with Downsize, and Twilight noted that between the two of them, there wasn't a trace of resentment or ire. Pinkie-induced confusion had left no room for either. Both stallions gave vague affirmative noises as their brains tried to catch up to the mare out of nowhere.

Twilight, as inured to Pinkie as anypony could be, spoke for both. "I think that sounds wonderful, Pinkie. Jam rolls for everypony."

Pinkie snapped off a salute. "By order of Princess Twilight Sparkle!"

Twilight noticed somepony was laughing a few moments before she realized it was her. She cleared her throat. "Pardon me, gentlecolts. A fond memory. Shall we begin?"

PreviousChapters Next