• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,920 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,920

PreviousChapters Next
EileenSaysHi's White Aster (The Sleepless Beholder's "Do You Remember?")

Author's Note:

[Sad][Tragedy][Alternate Universe]

This is an offshoot of The Sleepless Beholder's Do You Remember? (1000 words, [Drama][Sad][Tragedy][Alt. Universe][Death])

DO YOU WANT SPOILERS? Sunset Shimmer and her wife, Wallflower Blush, are on the run in a war of unknown origin. We know little about exactly what has happened, but Wallflower has lost her memories, and is in such a delirious state that Sunset has to keep her tied to herself with a rope. As they find a lone flower in a battlefield, soldiers catch up to them. Sunset pleads with Wallflower to remember their life together, and then can only hug her tightly as the soldiers prepare to fire.

In the midst of a barren battlefield, a flower grows.

All around it, the world changed. A landscape razed. A sky ignited with flame, darkened by smoke. A memory of the world that once was, extinguished.

Before its petals, two lovers met their fate.

The war is long over. Those who survived are left to mourn, to reflect, to memorialize. The battlefield has become a site of pilgrimage, a tribute to those so senselessly lost.

And in the midst of it all, a flower still grows.

But it is no longer alone.

The white aster, whose roots lie where the ground absorbed the blood of the unicorn and her wife, is now the center of a small, ever-expanding garden. New flowers of all kinds sprout there, in rain or shine, in frost or heat. An oasis in a bleak land.

A memory of the world that once was, preserved.

PreviousChapters Next