• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,915 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,915

PreviousChapters Next
chris the cynic's As Below, So Above (Rambling Writer's "Best Hell Ever")

Author's Note:

[Slice of Life]

This is a continuation of Rambling Writer's Best Hell Ever (2,191 words [Comedy])

BEST HELL EVER SPOILERS: Due to a clerical error, Twilight is sent to Hell before she dies. Specifically, the Library of Babel, which contains every book that can exist. Twilight is tasked with sorting it. Naturally, she does, to the demons' distress. They boot her out, to her distress.

*much later*

Twilight looked at the monoceros --it seemed nice to the point that it practically exuded visible kindness-- and tried to feel good about being in Heaven. She couldn't shake the despair that filled her.

"It's been a long time since we last had an alicorn die," the monoceros said. "Died in some war, did you?"

"No," Twilight said. "My friends --all mortal-- had died, I'd set my affairs in order, I had adequate replacements for all of my roles. I just felt like time."

"Well, we'll certainly be sure you're reunited with your friends," the monoceros said.

"That's good," Twilight said, and she meant it. Yet somehow she couldn't seem to feel it.

"Perhaps you could tell me why you're feeling so down," the monoceros said.

"I know it's silly, and I know things don't work that way," Twilight said, "but I was really hoping to be sent back to Hell."

The monoceros gave a confused, "Hmmm," and brought a clipboard into its field of view. A moment later its eyes opened wide and it said, "Oh! Twilight Sparkle. I've heard about you." It turned around and gestured for Twilight to follow. "I think I know just how to cheer you up."

"I doubt you can make me happy," Twilight said, but she followed, even though her head was low.

"I think I can, you see," the monoceros said, reaching the end of the Hall, "We have a better library here."

When the monoceros opened the door, Twilight's head shot up. She hadn't been this happy since Hell.

"It has, however, been some time since it was last organized."

Twilight made sounds of joy so pure it could only be expressed in Heaven, as no mortal utterances could contain such meaning.

PreviousChapters Next