• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,915 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,915

PreviousChapters Next
Narrative Style's Tuesday (Admiral Biscuit's "Saturday")

Author's Note:

[Comedy][Slice of Life]

This is a continuation of Admiral Biscuit's Saturday (1,057 words, [Comedy][Slice of Life])

SPOILERDAY: A malfunctioning lawnmower leads to a block party where the catering isn't just on the lawn, it is the lawn.

"And that's everything I've tried," Craig concluded later that week. "I just can't figure it out; it's like nothing's wrong with it at all, apart from where it doesn't run."

The mechanic grunted and looked up from the mower's engine. "Sir, do you, by any chance, have a unicorn for a neighbor?"

Craig blinked. "Um, yes, I do. Why do you ask?"

"And," the mechanic continued, heedless of the response, "I presume this unicorn suggested inviting their friends over to dine on your lawn since your mower was broken?"

A frown crossed Craig's features as he responded, "How could you have possibly known that?"

The mechanic ran a finger along the side of the engine and showed the result. The residue looked like dirt at first, but sparkled like powdered rainbows when he held it to the light. "Because, Mr. Hendershot... this was sabotage."

PreviousChapters Next