• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,915 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,915

PreviousChapters Next
Georg's Nest Half-Full (RB_'s Leaving Home)

Author's Note:

[Comedy]

This is a follow-up to RB_'s Leaving Home (1,000 words, [Drama])

LEAVING SPOILERS: Night Light and Twilight Velvet watch a just-marked Twilight Sparkle trot off with Princess Celestia, convinced that they've made the worst mistake of their lives and have forever lost their daughter to the alicorn's unknowable machinations. Then Sparkle comes galloping back because she forgot Smarty Pants.

Five minutes later

"Forgot my favorite quill," Sparkle said on the front step.

Twenty minutes after that

"Can't be a studious student without my thesaurus with all my notes in the margins."

One hour more

"Just need my bunny-hoofy slippers." Sparkle looked longingly at the foyer's carpet. "The floors in the castle are cold."

And yet another hour later

"Just need to pick up my compass and my drawing pencils and that should be it. Thanks, Mom."

"Uh, what about Spike?" Twilight Velvet looked at the closed door where her daughter had been moments ago.

"Don't worry, Sweeetpea. I give her about two more visits before she remembers he was napping when Princess Celestia visited." Night Light boosted the baby dragon up on his shoulder and patted him on the back. "Besides, it may be a decade or more before we have grandfoals of our own. Might as well spoil him while we have him." He beamed at the hatchling. "Does ums want another emerald? Yes, you do. Here you go."


(RB_'s supplement)

"Wow, the palace sure is big, isn't it Spike?"

...

"...Spike?"

PreviousChapters Next