• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,915 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,915

PreviousChapters Next
SIGAWESOME'S Flush with Inspiration (Brumby_Run's "Almost Good")

Author's Note:

[Comedy]

This is a response to the previous chapter. (230 words, [Comedy][Slice of Life])

Mr. Snap Shot was the perfect candidate candidate for a photographer. Happily married to a loving husband of 40 years, Snap Shot was among the first ponies to embrace the new Mazein photography technology as a hobby. His technique was admittedly crude, and his composition a bit amateur and nondescript, but all his work had one salient feature that made him perfect for Celestia's project; all the ponies, griffins, diamond dogs, minotaurs, and hippogrifs were all remarkably at ease and cheerful in his photos. Mr. Snap Shot apparently had a gift to put beings perfectly at ease in front of a lens. Talented without being unhealthily focused, good inter-pony skills, and just plain fun to be around to boot, Celestia hired him in a heartbeat. What could possibly go wrong?

However, like a bout of Mexicotl's Revenge brought about by a spicy bean burrito, inspiration often struck without warning at inopportune times...

Engraved coins were all well and good, but to really capture the subtle nuances of the Princess of the Night, required something larger. Perhaps a double sided tin-type daguerreotype issued as scrip in lieu of a lune coin? Nothing too large, mind; large enough to show Luna in all her radiant splendour, yet compact enough to fit on the frog of one's hoof?

The tin plates could be rather unwieldy in bulk and potentially unsafe (especially if businesses in Canterlot continued to amortize through defenestrated capital), so why not use paper? Paper (or more specifically a proprietary linen/cotton/paper blend specially formulated for the Royal Eschequer) could be neatly folded up to facilitate carrying in ponies' personal pocket dimensions in their manes and tails, and had the added benefit of gently fluttering to the ground instead of sharply plummeting after a Venture Capitalist meeting.

The paper scrip needed to be designed for the rigours of daily use and for the harsh realities of security. Soft, 4-ply weave ensured the silk-screened dyes were properly absorbed, and the chequered quilting pattern made forgeries far more difficult. The paper scrip would be distributed to banks in convenient little rolled-up spools. A series of perforations would help ponies remove individual squares of scrip from the roll.

All currency needed a snappy motto in an old language, so Snap shot solicited the help of his husband to create the old Equish "Bebod Onmédla Gaderung"; "The decrees are the glory of the assembled".

Fortunately Celestia caught Snap Shot before he could present his new "BOG rolls" concept to Luna

PreviousChapters Next