• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,917 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,917

PreviousChapters Next
FoME's The Buddhist Says "Mu" (GravityDefyingCoffeMug's "Buh")

Author's Note:

[Slice of Life][Historiography][G5]

This is an epilogue to GravityDefyingCoffeMug's Buh (1,050 words, [Random][Slice of Life])

SPUH: Reigning Princess Twilight's late-night paperwork is interrupted by the adopted toddler Luster Dawn, who's learning to speak and whose current favorite syllable is "Buh." Twilight, upon consulting this wise advisor, agrees that it is the proper judgement for several petty complaints that have made it all the way to her throne.

Zipp frowned as she flipped through what few documents had survived the old lighthouse’s destruction. Part of it was simple curiosity about the world outside of Zephyr Heights, part to get any further data on Twilight Sparkle and the mysterious threat her message had warned them about. This latest discovery might provide answers there, but she'd need to consult the expert to have any hope of knowing.

"Hey Sunny?"

"Yeah?" said the earth mare, whose own research efforts had mostly consisted of staring at the materials and sighing at how much had been lost.

Zipp held up a royal decree. She didn't know who most of the ponies involved were, but she could read the signature at the bottom, along with the cryptic addition in the same hoofwriting. (Hornwriting?) “What does ‘buh’ mean?”

"Oh!" If nothing else, that got Sunny out of her fugue. “Dad never pinned that down. He suspected that was the point. Princess Twilight didn’t want ponies to blindly turn to her for all the answers, so she’d put a meaningless non-answer on the requests that didn’t need to be escalated all the way to the throne. Can you get my neighbors to stop being noisy? Buh. Can you issue a royal order to reserve this dress for me? Buh." Sunny nodded. "It was all very philosophical.”

“Huh.” Zipp looked at the decree with newfound respect. "I'll have to remember that one."

PreviousChapters Next