• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,910 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,910

PreviousChapters Next
FoME's Riposte (Tumbleweed's "En Garde!")

Author's Note:

[Slice of Life]

This is a direct continuation of Tumbleweed's En Garde! (5,831 words, [Comedy][Romance][Adventure][AU][Violence])

EN GARDE! SPOILERS!: Rarity d'Aubigny, devoted servant of the princess, is accosted by bandits and, after an inopportune slip in the rain-soaked mud, finds herself convalescing in a humble farmstead. She also uncovers a conspiracy by the Lady Sunset Shimmer to isolate this bit of back country from the rest of the kingdom and exploit for all it's worth, and sends both Lady Sunset and her goons running. A suspiciously familiar farmer agrees to head to the capital with Rarity.

... and moments later at CHS, Sunset accidentally sees the manuscript in Rarity's mind and resignedly asks if she had to be the bad guy.

"But you make such a fantastic antagonist! The princess's fallen student, now sowing dissent and plotting her revenge." It was enough to make Rarity swoon, a hand to her forehead. "It just oozes drama!"

Sunset crossed her arms, which only went to prove she had no drama in her soul. At least not when compared to Rarity herself. "Meanwhile, you get to look fancy and play me for a fool."

Rarity cleared her throat and double-checked the zipper on her backpack. Certainly no other reason why she might feel the need to avert her gaze. "Well, the Spring Fling might have influenced my creative decisions just a touch."

"The one you insisted you forgave me for the last three times I tried to apologize?"

Rarity winced. A blow well struck, that. "My mind has long since forgiven you, darling. My heart, well..."

And then Sunset went in for the kill. "And then there's the whole 'Applejack stripping you bare and tending to your wounds' thing."

"Oh, very well," Rarity huffed. "I'll change the name of the valley's lady if Applejack never hears of this. Deal?"

Sunset shook her offered hand with a smile. "Deal."

Rarity couldn't help but grin in turn. "You know, it's this sort of behavior that makes you such an enticing villain."

"I can live with that."

PreviousChapters Next