• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,915 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,915

PreviousChapters Next
horizon's Sparkle Supreme (FoME's "Outshining Flash")

Author's Note:

[Comedy][Romance][FlashLight]

This is a continuation of FanOfMostEverything's "Outshining Flash," which is itself a response to Jordan179's blog "Analyzing Some Suggested Ships."

"Honey," Flash said, "we need to talk," and Twilight's heart squeezed into a cold little ball. Which didn't un-knot any when he added, "About what your parents said."

"I do love you," she said desperately. "This was never about outdoing Shiny."

He brushed her cheek with a hoof and gazed into her eyes with a smile. "I believe you," he said softly.

Twilight let out a breath. "But."

"I believe you about the love." He bit his lip, then pressed on. "I even believe this isn't a conscious thing. But we need to face facts. Your parents were right. You're a one-mare outdoing engine."

"That's not true!" Twilight said. "Maybe it looks that way, but—"

"Twilight," Flash said, "I asked Shining Armor to falsely announce he'd created a ponio vaccine. Two days later you'd submitted a paper to a biochemical journal with a working cure for cancer."

Twilight opened and closed her mouth. Tears brimmed at the corner of her eyes.

Flash grinned and nuzzled her neck. "Don't cry, silly. That. Is. Awesome."

"... What," Twilight said, all other words having temporarily fled.

"Don't you see? We just proved we can use this. The last thing we want is for you to stop."

"B-but, but, I'm hurting him—"

Flash gently pressed fingers to her lips. "Are you kidding? Shiny's thrilled. 'Not only is my life amazing beyond belief,' he said, 'but I've got a sister who can fix the world's problems on command.' And as for me? I can't think of a bigger honor than to be that mare's special someboy."

Twilight laughed despite herself, and lunged into Flash's waiting arms, clinging to him until her emotions settled.

"What next?" she finally asked.

"Cadance sent him to broker a cease-fire in the Orlov-Lipizzian war," Flash said. "Next stop, world peace."

PreviousChapters Next