• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,905 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,905

PreviousChapters Next
The Great Derpsby's Heart's Blood (FoME's "Noblesse Applige")

Author's Note:

[Slice of Life][Thriller]

This is a continuation of FanOfMostEverything's Noblesse Applige (4,104 words, [Comedy][Slice of Life][AU])

NOBLESSE APPLIGE SPOILERS: Applejack has taken on the mantle of Lady Ponyville, representing the town in Canterlot politics, since the Apples are nobility in the original sense: owners of land bequeathed to them by the crown. Rarity only hears about this at the Gala, when AJ calls Blueblood Larry. The best night ever ensues, for certain values of "best."

At the clip-clop of light hooves entering his study, Polaris Vladimir Blueblood looked up from the map unrolled on his desk.

"Cady!" he said with an easy smile. The alicorn princess answered with a beam of her own. "How are you? You weren't at the Gala. Again."

Cadance shrugged. "Yeah, sorry. I wasn't feeling well. Auntie said it was really exciting this year. Kinda makes me regret I didn't come."

"Yes, well," Blueblood noted with a quick cough, "she did invite a number of rather... eclectic guests, in the form of Twilight Sparkle's coterie. Remarkable individuals, that."

Cadance casually walked over to his desk, giving the map he was working on a look. "And did you meet some of them?"

"All of them, in fact." Blueblood also looked back down to his work. "I met with the Lady Ponyville again, and had just enough time to disabuse one Rarity of the same township regarding 'the most eligible bachelor in Canterlot.' I am very fine with the way things currently are."

Blueblood picked up a pencil in his starfield and made to write down a quick note about zoning around Ghastly Gorge and the need for new prospectors—there happened to be a regrettable need to regularly replace them—but paused instead. Something sent a shiver down his neck. Some sense of foreboding. Slowly, he turned his head.

Cadance's bright smile filled his vision. "You can't run forever, Blue."

PreviousChapters Next