• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,902 Views, 695 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 695
 2,902

PreviousChapters Next
FoME's Contrasted Harmony (David Silver's "Starlight Explores Twilight's Castle")

Author's Note:

[Random][Slice of Life]

This is a continuation of David Silver's Starlight Explores Twilight's Castle (2,046 words, [Comedy][Random])

STARLIGHT EXPLORES TWILIGHT'S SPOILERS: Starlight enters the Castle of Friendship at the start of "The Cutie Re-Mark," only to get lost in its maze of twisty passages, all alike. The more she explores, the more bizarre the contents of the rooms she looks in. Twilight eventually finds Starlight still wandering after returning from the lecture in Canterlot.

The Astral Plane was a mysterious realm of stars and mist, accessible only to alicorns and beings of similar cosmic significance. Two such beings occupied it now. Mortal onlookers might see them as trees or ponies or humans. All of these interpretations were as accurate as any other, for harmony avatars are just as weird as those of chaos. They're just less aggressive about it.

The Tree of Harmony sighed and brought a hoof/hand/branch to her muzzle/nasal bridge/Element of Magic socket. "Junior..."

The Palace-Tree, who called herself Sparkalon even if ponies hadn't settled on a name for her yet, crossed two limbs and pouted as only a months-old piece of magical architecture could. "What? I didn't hurt her."

The Tree just gave her offspring a Look. Similar to a Stare, but usable only by mothers. "Junior."

"Okay, fine, there was the magic blast, but that was technically her own fault. And so was breaking into me in the first place!"

The Tree shook her head and various head-analogues. "You know why I'm upset."

"It's not like you just sat there and took it when the plundervines were choking you," Sparkalon scoffed. "Not when you actually could do something about it."

"We exist to spread harmony and understanding, not havoc and confusion. Sending Starlight Glimmer into an infinite maze of countless dimensions falls strictly in the latter camp."

"So would letting her wreck time."

The Tree sighed. "What am I going to do with you?"

Sparkalon smiled with teeth white as birch bark. "Build a friendship school next to me?"

"Now you're just being ridiculous."

PreviousChapters Next