• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,915 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,915

PreviousChapters Next
CrystalWaters and Krack-Fic Kai's That Girl is Strange, No Question (FoME and Krack-Fic Kai's "Dazed and Distracted, Can't You Tell?")

Author's Note:

[Romance][Comedy][Suggestive Content]

These are continuations on the theme of Krack-Fic Kai and FanOfMostEverything's "Dazed and Distracted, Can't You Tell?", which is in turn a continuation of Estee's Coin-Operated Mare

REFRESHER: Twilight manages to be so oblivious, she has a relationship up through her second anniversary without noticing. Including the wedding itself.

(CrystalWaters)

"A wedding?" Twilight asked uncertainly, looking aside at her writing desk. "It would be nice to have some time away from the roaming rights treaty. Can I wear my dress from the Gala or should I wear something new?"

Rarity didn't twitch at all; She'd practiced for this conversation with her sister. "Yes Twilight, I think a new dress would be an amazing idea. I happen to have a beautiful white dress all ready and waiting in my boutique for you."

"White? Rarity, I'm not too sure—"

"Twilight... darling. White will be perfect."

"Well, if you think so. Oh! I can invite Belle as my plus one!" Twilight smiled happily. "She's been talking about weddings for months."

Rarity smiled too. This was far more painful than her practice sessions.

(Krack-Fic Kai, two in-story years later)

"Look, it's not like I was basing this on nothing!" Twilight rather defensively insisted. "We had a whole conversation about stallions!"

Rarity kept smiling, like a cat watching a clever mouse work out how to leave the protection of its cage. "And who initiated this discussion?"

"Well— I did, I guess. I asked her what she thought of this singer at a bar we were at— I was a little drunk at the time, and she didn't seem that against it. Come to think of it," she continued, "she did talk to him! Why would she do that if we were secretly dating?"

"Secretly engaged."

"That!" Twilight threw up her hooves. "She went home with— well, I think she went home with him? She looked so disappointed when I went home alone."

Rarity waited.

Realization struck like a brick to the face that precede a lot more, much heavier bricks. "Oh."

"Yes, well," Rarity said, "if you can find someone else willing, you'll have a nice surprise for her..."

PreviousChapters Next