• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,915 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,915

PreviousChapters Next
Andy Soshal's Speed of Rumor (Andrew Joshua Talon's "Hands Short: The Other Mare")

Author's Note:

[Drama][Comedy]

This is continuation of Andrew Joshua Talon's blog "Hands Short: The Other Mare" (157 words, #comedy, #honda is a slut,) itself an offshoot of AJT's Hands (158,549 words at time of publishing, [Romance][Comedy][Slice of Life])

HANDS SUMMARY: Through what are best summarized as "shenanigans," Andrew Shepherd becomes the first human in Equestria in some time, and ends up in a relationship with both Twilight and Fluttershy. He's also the crown authority on a copious amount of human artifacts that find their way into Equestria one way or another. In the short, he shows off a motorcycle he salvaged from the pile... and by calling it a "she," accidentally makes Fluttershy think that "Ahonda" is stealing her man.

Shepherd rubbed the back of his neck. Two hours later, and Fluttershy was still refusing to answer the door. Behind it, he could hear the sound of muffled sobbing, and he had noticed a very hairy, decidedly ursine face staring out the window at him.

He had sheepishly waved at it.

It had not waved back.

He would have liked to say that it had smiled at him, but he was fairly sure that a bear showing its teeth was not a friendly gesture even in this world.

"Man... This stinks..."

"I'll say!"

He jumped. "What the—!"

Beside him, a slender Unicorn mare wearing a press hat and levitating a notepad and pen with a mint-green field stood, casting a critical eye over him.

Shepherd blinked. "Uh...hi?"

The dun mare smiled broadly, tipping her hat in greeting. "Hello, yourself! Scoop's the name, Juicy Scoop, ace reporter for the Canterlot Chronicle!"

"Nice...to meet you, Ms. Scoop. I'm—"

"Please, call me Scoop. Went by Juicy for a while, but after the fifth restraining order, I started going by Scoop." She shook her head, replacing her hat on her yellow mane. "Stallions. Never can think past the ol' mating season."

Scoop brightened up immediately. "And I know who you are, Mr. Shepherd! Famous talking pet monkey of Twilight Sparkle!"

He grit his teeth a bit at that. "I'm not—"

"So tell me," the reporter said, licking the tip of her pen. "Is it true that you married your motorcycle?"

PreviousChapters Next