• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,912 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,912

PreviousChapters Next
FoME's Family Histrionics (Zennistrad's "Never Too Clever")

Author's Note:

[Comedy]

This is a continuation of an as-yet unpublished chapter of Zennistrad's Never Too Clever (23,670 words at time of posting, [Adventure][Anthology]) previewed here.

NEVER TOO CONTEXTUALIZED: During a trial to prove Star Swirl innocent of murder—it's complicated—Clover the Clever meets the prosecuting attorney, who is very clearly an ancestor of Trixie.

Star Swirl scowled. "You remind me of a very obnoxious unicorn who tried to convict me for a murder I didn't commit."

The mare's reaction was not at all what he expected. "Star Swirl the Bearded spoke to me! This is the greatest day of Trixie's life!"

Star Swirl's jaw worked silently for a few moments. Then he did what he always did when confronted with idiocy that exceeded his expectations. He turned to the uni— the alicorn next to him and said, "Clo— Styg— Twilight. Explain."

She gave him a wry smirk. "You didn't think I was your only fanfilly, did you? You're kind of a celebrity among arcanists, and Trixie did go to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns." Twilight gave Trixie a sidelong glance and added, "Briefly."

"That filly running a school..." Star Swirl shuddered and fell back on tried-and-tested reflexes. "Trixie. Explain."

"He knows my name!"

"I miss Limbo."

PreviousChapters Next