• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,919 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,919

PreviousChapters Next
Kencolt's Music of the Spheres (Kris Overstreet's "Why Sunset Shimmer Got a Week's Detention")

Author's Note:

[Slice of Life]

This is a continuation of Kris Overstreet's Why Sunset Shimmer Got a Week's Detention (4,632 words, [Comedy])

WHAT SUNSET SPOILED: Vice Principal Luna's efforts in the annual Costume Carnival are always overshadowed by her sister's Resting Fairy Godmother Face. This year, she phoned it in and wore her outfit from her old metal band... and stumbled through the portal to Equestria, which pony Twilight opened so she could be one of the Grady twins with her human counterpart. Luna enters Equestria in Nightmare Moon form, causing massive panic and property damage until her local analogue calms her down and sends her home. Cue titular detention.

"Nightmare Moon."

"Yes, Tia. I told you that already. Repeatedly. They kept going on about Night—"

"How did they know the name of your old band?"

Luna sighed. "Nightmare Morn, not Nightmare Moon, Tia. It was meant as a reference to light not hiding the horrors of the darkness, that even in the morning the hidden things still--"

"Yes, I know. It was, in other words, more loud and clashy metal stuff that I never could get into. Hmm..."

She's going to compare my music with that damn Gordon Lighthoof or John Denfur stuff she always listened to, or something else that's just meant to hack me off. I know it. It's going to be—

"You know, Nightmare Moon isn't a bad name for a band, is it?"

"Darn it, just because— wait." Luna blinked. "You're... you're right. It would be a great name for a—"

"Not a good band, mind you."

"Dammit, Tia..."

PreviousChapters Next