• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 2,915 Views, 697 Comments

Never the Final Word (Vol. 2) - FanOfMostEverything



The continuation of an open anthology of continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
8
 697
 2,915

PreviousChapters Next
journcy's Corporate Empire (bookplayer's "Sun and Hearth")

Author's Note:

[Random]

This is a response to bookplayer's Sun and Hearth. (81,235 words (15 chapters) related to the continuation, [Romance][Drama])

SUN AND HEARTH SPOILERS THROUGH CHAPTER 15: Princess Celestia and Smart Cookie fell in love in Equestria's formative days, and have supported each other through the long centuries since, most of them spent without Luna at Celestia's side. Now, with two young alicorns so close to mortals, Celestia wants to study the mysterious magic that has kept Cookie alive for so long. He refuses, believing that confirming that an alicorn's love keeps him alive will turn their relationship into a hostage situation. They butt heads, and Cookie finds he no longer sees Celestia, who he fell in love with, in the mare pulling strings to get him to accede to the analysis. All that seems to remain is the Princess. Thus, to Celestia's great remorse, Cookie decides to think things over and cool his head in Ponyville. Applejack finds him up late one night, baking muffins and mulling things over.

“If ya’ wanted to talk to ponies ‘bout the benefits of eatin’ a lot of apples…”

Cookie looked at her.

"Y'know what? That sounds like a great idea."

And at that moment was born a beautiful partnership; though Cookie seldom used his skills of winning ponies, finding the practice distasteful at best and completely unethical at worst, he maintained them through the years nonetheless. With his nigh-perfect advertising skills and the Apple family's swath of excellent products, they set about building a corporate presence dwarfing any other company in Equestria. (Cookie had long pondered the idea of corporations, but like advertising, had dismissed the idea as easily spiralling out of control and not to the benefit of the common good. What had changed, he couldn't quite say; just that, standing in Applejack's kitchen and staring at her sardonic smirk, a wire had sparked within him, cracking the whip on an engine he hadn't know he'd had.)

A few decades passed quickly, so absorbed in the work was Cookie, and it felt like no time at all had passed before Apple Family Inc. had the resources to buy the land necessary for the creation of its own independent state.

"Two can play at this game, Celestia," Cookie thought to himself, misty-eyed, as he signed the contracts sealing the deal and officially creating Apple Land. "Two can play at this game."

PreviousChapters Next